Started working on putting the ECU harness in the car and routing/trimming it. At this point I'm basically cutting almost every wire (except shielded signal wires) so that I can pull them clean from the rats nest, trim them to length, and router them in trunks. Before I cut any wire, I label it with a three digit number where the first number is a section (engine bay =1 , fuel system = 2, cockpit = 3 etc) and then a sequential number. I'm using these handy little wiring labels from 3M:

Wire Labels.jpg

After cutting the wires, I trim them to length and put them back together using the wonderful little self-soldering connectors:

Self Solder Connectors.jpg

Yellow Connection.jpg

I pull each connector into a group, and then group several connectors that will be routed together into a loom covered trunk. This one here is the passengers side engine bay which includes the fuel injectors, spark plugs, mass air flow sensor, both O2 sensors (I probably only need one, but doesn't hurt to have the harness there in case I need the other down the road) and a few other things.

Mini Trunk.jpg

Passenger Side Engine Harness.jpg

I have to finish the center of the engine which best I can tell is only going to be the neutral switch and the waste gate. Then I'll take the drivers side engine harness before moving on to the wires going into the cockpit. So far I'm only running the signal wires, All of the power will be fed out of my Coach harness, so I will have a separate power trunks that makes their way around the car.