Thread: A Factory Five?

Post Thanks / Like
    FFR MkIV 8419 - Right Hand Drive
    427W with Inglese 8 Stack injection - 560hp
    TKO600 5 Speed, 8.8 Detroit Trutrak LSD IRS
    VPM Adjustable Sway Bars
    Vintage Wheels 17" Pin Drive

Post Thanks / Like
    Either no belts or just the lap belt. Glad it appears he wasn’t critically injured or worse.
    Mark
    Mk1, Frame #1929 Complete restoration/upgrade. BP 347 with Edelbrock PF4 439/420. 4 link with coilovers. 8.8 3.55, 15” Halibrand, New beefed up T5 w/short throw shifter, Power 4 wheel disc brakes, Custom original style steering wheel, shaft and boss, Heat/AC, Heated seats, PPW wipers w/washers, Forte’s throttle linkage, RT trunk hoop mod, Pusher cooling fans, full LED lighting, custom headrests, 5 point seat belts with sub pass through, Speedhut GPS gauges, battery drop box in trunk, LED courtesy lights, Breeze trunk cubby kit.

Post Thanks / Like
    It appears to be a FFR. 2” roll bar and the aluminum cutout in the trunk lid tipped me off.
    FFR 5136 Started as a donor...donor guages, engine, trans,etc. Now...TFS street intake,stage 1 cam, GT40p's,24# injectors and 80mm MAF,70mm TB,Z-spec t-5, and PSE Halibrand wrapped with Nitto 555 G2’s. My ever evolving dream car!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by steno View Post
    It appears to be a FFR. 2” roll bar and the aluminum cutout in the trunk lid tipped me off.
    Noticed the same things. The story says that the car rolled several times, but the windshield and sun visors are still intact, so maybe it had several "flat spins" ?? Story says the driver was ejected, but conscious ??

Either way, these cars can bite hard, and in this case, the driver was very lucky.

Post Thanks / Like
    Cobra - seatbelt ^ high speed = Darwin Award. I’m just glad no one was killed. Excessive speed in a roadster on public roads is very dangerous, let alone to do it with out a seat belt. Our safety equipment is limited to three real line items, 1) a roll bar 2) a seat belt 3) collapsible steering shaft and that’s it. Modern cars have pages of safety devices to help occupants survive a bad situation; we don’t. Please people buckle at lest 4 points of your 5 pt harness on every drive (better is all 5) and drive reasonably as it’s dangerous out there. If you want to have the full expierence of the car take it to the RACE TRACK and ask for help track side if you need it. I teach people how to drive fast and I get paid very well to do it. Not to say I’m a pro but I do have 20 years of competition expierence on my side. What I have found over the years is that there are many people who think they know how to drive fast when they arrive track side and in fact 1-2% of them do. The other 98-99% stuggle with simple car control. Be safe, we only get to live once so don’t waste it.
    Mk4, Moser M88 rear end, Eaton truetrak, Craft Racing 461 Windsor, MMR pro trans, Glenn’s 1,000 hp cobra fuel system and lots of other parts.