FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Fuel lines for carburated 302

Post Thanks / Like

Question Fuel lines for carburated 302

Curious how you guys ran the fuel lines from the tank to the engine since the 302 fuel pump is on the driver's side (assuming, of course, you used the mechanical fuel pump, not so fond of electrical pumps). Also, I am not so fond of the fuel filter position in the manual; would rather have it in the engine compartment. So I thought I would run the fuel line (no return) next to the rear brake line on the driver's side main tube. Just wondering how to get the line from the pickup in the tank over to the driver's side. I will figure it out, just thought I would not re-invent the wheel if some did it before.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    3/8" ID Fuel Hose to cross over back and the tank then 3/8" OD hard line under the car and back to 3/8" ID fuel hose to jump from the hard line to the fuel pump inlet. From the pump 3/8" fuel hose to to a WIX 33003 filter and back to hose to the carb.
    www.breezeautomotive.com 2005 FFR Mk3 Roadster, 302/340hp, MassFlo EFI, Breeze Pulleys, T5, Aluminum Flywheel, 3-link rear with Torsen Diff and 3.27:1 gears, Power Steering, Breeze Front Sway Bar, SN-95 Spindles with outboard SAI Mod, Breeze Battery Mount, QA1 Externally Adjustable Shocks, Quick Release Steering Wheel, Vintage Race seats, GM Arctic White, Sky Blue Scoop, Hidden Hinges, Billet Aluminum Side-view Mirrors, 2,183lbs wet. 1967 Mustang Fastback, Dark Moss Green, black interior, '67 14" styled steel wheels, 2000 Explorer 302 w 5.0 Cam, Quickfuel 450 CFM, 289 Hi-Po Dual exhaust, C4, lowering springs w Shelby drop.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Reynolds View Post
    3/8" ID Fuel Hose to cross over back and the tank then 3/8" OD hard line under the car and back to 3/8" ID fuel hose to jump from the hard line to the fuel pump inlet. From the pump 3/8" fuel hose to to a WIX 33003 filter and back to hose to the carb.
    Thanks, Mark. Sounds great!

Post Thanks / Like
    I am a fan of hard lines except where absolutely necessary. My line crosses over on the frame behind the passenger compartment, and then up the 4" tube on the drivers side next to the brake line.
    I did a big FRAM racing cartridge filter in the stock FFR location and an in-line one before the carb.
    The only flex hose I have is from the frame to the pump.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Avalanche325 View Post
    I am a fan of hard lines except where absolutely necessary. My line crosses over on the frame behind the passenger compartment, and then up the 4" tube on the drivers side next to the brake line.
    I did a big FRAM racing cartridge filter in the stock FFR location and an in-line one before the carb.
    The only flex hose I have is from the frame to the pump.
    I did the same, hard line across frame behind pass compartment, under trunk, short flex line to pick up.
    Short braided flex line from drivers side 4” frame to mechanical fuel pump then inline filter between pump and carb.
    Also 3/8.

Post Thanks / Like
    Keep in mind that the filter should be on the pressure side of the pump, not the suction side.

Jeff