FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Body to Frame Attachment

Post Thanks / Like

Body to Frame Attachment

Looking for Advise and Options for installing the Body to the Frame. Rivnuts?? I have a Gen. 2 Frame and Body. Was thinking Rivnuts would be better for removing and installing multiple times.
    FFR Hot Rod #1106

Post Thanks / Like
    Rivnuts would work at the firewall, I drilled and tapped the frame along the side at the door sills and used a speed nut / clip on the rear where the bolt goes through from the outside of the rear wheel well.
    CVOBill
    MK2 #???? Delivered 11/2002, Finished and Titled 6/2003 5.0, T-5, 4-Link, Sold 3/2005
    Hot Rod #304 purchased 5/28/2017 from original owner Unassembled . Titled and plated 8/24/2017 Coyote,
    TKO, 3-Link, Heat, A/C, Electric Power Steering, Convertible top
    MK4 #9524 Picked up 1/18/19 306 Blueprint, T-5, 4-Link, Gas-N Pipes, Heater

3. Thanks MBB Larry thanked for this post
    EFI Rules and Carbs Drool Arrowhead's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Drill and tap works fine for multiple uses on the hot rod tubing. Trust me, I think i have the forum record for the most assembly / disassembly cycles on the same car (except for the build school mule).

"The High Country", beautiful Flagstaff, AZ
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you use rivenuts on the fiberglass use the type designed for plastics, no other rivnut holds anywhere near as good as these. I get mine from McMaster-Carr: https://www.mcmaster.com/97217A376

For drilling and tapping into the tubing I like 10-32 as you get a bit more thread engagement on the thin wall tubing. Remember, if using SS fasteners you need some form of lube or better yet, never-seize.
    Dart Little M 406" SBC 800 HP N/A & 1,100 HP on nitrous, 2-spd Powerglide with trans brake, 6,000 RPM stall converter, narrowed Moser 88 3.90:1 spool with 35-spline gun-drilled axles & Torino bearings, custom parallel four-link, custom tube chassis & roll cage NHRA certified for 8.5-sec (only two FFR Hot Rods have this cert).

33 Hot Rod Super Pro Drag Racer Build: 33 HR NHRA Cert Roll Cage Build

6. Thanks Mrallsport32 thanked for this post
    Likes Mrallsport32 liked this post