BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Green Testing Connectors and Jumper Location?

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy Green Testing Connectors and Jumper Location?

I stated using my Tactrix cable to try and tune my 2003 WRX(I think). I'm able to read the normal OBDII type data but having trouble with the reading and writing of the ecu flash. I think its associated with the green test connector that you have to connect and the jumper clip. I think the jumper clip is in the correct port. the 2002 .pdf wire diagram does not show the correct wire colors for some reason. I traced a wire from the obdII port and pin to the jumper connector and it should be correct.

My problem is I cannot find these additional green connectors. I guessing a made a big booboo. not sure where to start on this one as the wiring colors do not match up. I'm assuming the PO cut them or I did. Any ideas where I can trace these wires from? ugh.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by carrera1984 View Post
    I stated using my Tactrix cable to try and tune my 2003 WRX(I think). I'm able to read the normal OBDII type data but having trouble with the reading and writing of the ecu flash. I think its associated with the green test connector that you have to connect and the jumper clip. I think the jumper clip is in the correct port. the 2002 .pdf wire diagram does not show the correct wire colors for some reason. I traced a wire from the obdII port and pin to the jumper connector and it should be correct.

My problem is I cannot find these additional green connectors. I guessing a made a big booboo. not sure where to start on this one as the wiring colors do not match up. I'm assuming the PO cut them or I did. Any ideas where I can trace these wires from? ugh.

These two?

The Red\Blue is running to the ecu, didn't have much time to find the pin.

The Black\Red is spliced into a few others, closest is somewhere in the ignition column.

My donor is a later build 2003 WRX.

20190320_212046.jpg
    Last edited by NevaLift2Shift; 03-20-2019 at 09:35 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I found I had to disconnect the battery when connecting the connectors and then start the read or write sequence right after turning on the ignition after the disconnect. Any other sequence would not work.

Post Thanks / Like
    I got rid of the green connectors (B75/B76) altogether by soldering those wires together and put a switch at the jumper connector (B125/B126). So whenever I want to reflash the ECU, I just flip that switch to close the connection. All this does is ground a pin on the ECU (B134) orange wire at pin A14. Does that make sense?

And lsfourwheeler is right, you have to connect to the ECU within the first second or two of supplying power to it. I usually get the screen ready, turn the key (without cranking the motor) and click connect right away to read/right the ECU.

Post Thanks / Like

Solution

Thanks guys. All 3 of your comments were helpful. What a headache, half of the wires match colors in the diagrams the other half don't. I was able to trace the Orange wire in the "check connector" that I knew went to the B125 "end line connector and eventually the green B75/B76 "Test mode connector. More importantly this wire also goes to the ECU. Thanks to STiPWRD who told me, the ecu wants to see this grounded to go into programming mode. What I ended up doing was just to add a grounded wire via spade connector to the orange wire(right off the "check connector". I connect when I want to flash the ecu. I also connect the jumper, however I don't know if this matters with what I've come up with. Once done, it was an easy turn the key on and flash within a couple seconds. worked great. My car was a 2003 WRX however ecu reads as 2002. I'm not sure exactly what the deal is with when the car was built. I have an idea that its a early 2003 or the ecu could have been swapped at some point.

6. Likes STiPWRD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by carrera1984 View Post
    Thanks guys. All 3 of your comments were helpful. What a headache, half of the wires match colors in the diagrams the other half don't. I was able to trace the Orange wire in the "check connector" that I knew went to the B125 "end line connector and eventually the green B75/B76 "Test mode connector. More importantly this wire also goes to the ECU. Thanks to STiPWRD who told me, the ecu wants to see this grounded to go into programming mode. What I ended up doing was just to add a grounded wire via spade connector to the orange wire(right off the "check connector". I connect when I want to flash the ecu. I also connect the jumper, however I don't know if this matters with what I've come up with. Once done, it was an easy turn the key on and flash within a couple seconds. worked great. My car was a 2003 WRX however ecu reads as 2002. I'm not sure exactly what the deal is with when the car was built. I have an idea that its a early 2003 or the ecu could have been swapped at some point.
    I feel your pain on the wiring diagram not matching 100%. I have a factory wiring manual and I try to make the notes in the manual just to remind myself in the future that something didn't match.