Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 4.6 2 valve motor wire harness.

Post Thanks / Like

4.6 2 valve motor wire harness.

hello I am new to this forum. I ordered a new cobra complete kit I have a 2002 mustang GT 4.6 2 valve & a 5 speed . wondering what is available for a engine wiring harness. thinking of sending mine in to wire diet. just don't know what is out there for options.

Post Thanks / Like
    check with Ron Francis. I think they have something for that drivetrain.
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a wire harness from a 1997 Mustang cobra that was redone by wirediet. It was used on the engine and it works but decided to but a new engine after all. (long story) Not sure it would work for your engine but if interested let me know.
    MKIV, Coyote Gen3, TKO 500

Post Thanks / Like
    It's not hard to give it a diet. Plug everything in then unwrap the covering. If it's not connected, clip it. Leave a few inches in case you cut too many off.
    MK4 Build #9035 Delivered 2/17/17, First Start & Go-Kart 6/2/17, Licensed 9/1/17
    Paint - Lightning Blue Metallic, No Hood Scoop, No Stripes
    Gen 2 Coyote Engine & TKO-600. Solid Axle, 8.8-3.55, Power Steering, Power Brakes, Dual Roll Bars
    Heater and Glove Box, Drop Trunk, Wipers, Radio, FFR Vintage Gauges, Custom Dash
    Build Thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...MK4-Build-9035

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ducky2009 View Post
    It's not hard to give it a diet. Plug everything in then unwrap the covering. If it's not connected, clip it. Leave a few inches in case you cut too many off.
    thank you. I think I can do this. i have a complete harness from a 02 mustang GT. I will install it loosely, get it started then start the elimination process. I,ll deal with the PATS system.

Post Thanks / Like
    I did the wire diet myself on my 2001 GT donor engine and for the whole car harnesses. It's tedious, but not really that hard to do. I think I removed over 40 lbs of wires when it was all said and done (who needs power locks/power window wiring for this car? or rear window defroster wiring? etc.).

You'll need to get PATS flashed out of the computer. Hook everything up and start the engine to make sure it all works. Then start the wire diet.

Get yourself detailed wire diagrams with all the wire color codes for the 2002 GT so you make sure you don't take out a wire that you need. Every once in a while, start the engine to make sure you didn't cut something necessary.

As I was dieting, I updated the wire harness diagrams - scratching out the wires I deleted - so I would have accurate diagrams. Yes, I'm a NASA engineer .

Have fun!

David
    My Saving Grace: John 3:16

FFR6687, Graduate #39 in the Class of 2009
    The Factory Five Forum March 2012 POM

Post Thanks / Like
    Who can I send the pcm into to get the PATS & the EGR eliminated.. do I need the eliminate the ABS . If I am not using it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter severt View Post
    Who can I send the pcm into to get the PATS & the EGR eliminated.. do I need the eliminate the ABS . If I am not using it.
    I purchased a Predator custom tuner from DiabloSport and downloaded the factory tune into it and sent the tune to DiabloSport. They took out PATS and EGR and sent the custom tune back to me and I loaded the tune into the PCM. I don't think ABS lives in the PCM.

I think other tuners, like Sniper, can take out PATS also.

I did this over 15 years ago, so there may be other options available now.

David
    My Saving Grace: John 3:16

FFR6687, Graduate #39 in the Class of 2009
    The Factory Five Forum March 2012 POM