Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Lizard Skin Spray Gun

Post Thanks / Like

Lizard Skin Spray Gun

Hello All,

I am looking into spraying my coupe with lizard skin and I was wondering if you have to use Lizard Skin's gun to spray their coatings? I assume that it is a special design due to how thick the product is sprayed. But I thought I would ask.

Also I would be interested in a used gun if someone has one laying around after their build that they do not plan on using.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    FYI, yes it's a special gun. Made specifically for heavy products like undercoating. Nothing particularly precise about it. Slings the stuff out and applies the Lizard Skin as required. There are a number of purchase options for undercoat guns, although you may want to stick with theirs since it's known to work. Have you purchased your Lizard Skin yet? If not, look for combo deals. I bought mine with the two Lizard Skin products plus the gun as a package on eBay a couple builds ago. Was a decent deal as I recall.
    Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014. Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. Sold 09/07/2020. Build Thread and Video. Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Gen 3 Coyote. Legal 03/04/2020. Build Thread and Video
    Build 5: 35 Hot Rod Truck #138. LS3 and 4L65E auto. Rcvd 01/05/2021. Legal 04/20/2023. Build Thread. Sold 11/9/2023.

Post Thanks / Like
    For such a small job I used disposable pain brushes. In the evening after work I'd go out brush on a light coat, and then toss the brush. I did that for 4-5 nights, and it was done.
    .boB "Iron Man"
    NASA Rocky Mountain, TTU #42, HPDE Instructor
    BDR 1642: Coyote, 6 Speed Auto, Edelbrock Supercharger
    Member: www.MileHiCobraClub.com
    www.RacingTheExocet.com