Hi all,
I'm hoping to realize a childhood dream and build a Cobra Roadster upon retirement in a few years and finally take advantage of my 401K. I've been doing research and the FFR MKIV looks to be the best and safest built, and closest to original Cobra roadster out there. Anyway, I may consider starting early to have my kids help. The only real issue is the wife of course. In retirement, I can go the route of Complete Kit, but have to go "cheap" before then. I'm hoping to afford the base kit after selling my boat. Also, I'm not sure if I want to go the Coyote route or 351W. Sorry for rambling, but my big question is: how much can I build before the engine has to go in? Are there significant issues? Is it less expensive to wait and purchase the Complete Kit? Another thought was purchasing a salvaged Mustang 5.0 and having the engine bored and long blocked, but that may be cost prohibited?

Thank you very much! I love the forum and all the build pics and vids. I hope to post a build thread of my MKIV one day.

James