Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  8

Thread: The Dog Poop Post; Did Any Body Else Run Over Some Today? Please Say No!

Steve >> aka: GoDadGo
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

The Dog Poop Post; Did Any Body Else Run Over Some Today? Please Say No!

Hey Gang,

What's more fun than just about anything?
    Cleaning Soft Smoochy Dog Poop From The Wheel Wells Of Your Car!
    Anyway we logged about 10-15 more test miles today only to run over a fresh dog patty some pooch left in my yard.

Steve
    Last edited by GoDadGo; 03-31-2019 at 07:53 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    $hit happens. Why were you driving in the yard in the first place?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sdonnel View Post
    $hit happens. Why were you driving in the yard in the first place?
    My shop is under the house with blow through openings on both ends to let storm surge push through.

https://youtu.be/IGYtX-3p7xk

I've got to play Go-Dad Golf-Kart when I take the car out for test runs.
    Last edited by GoDadGo; 03-24-2019 at 05:12 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I ran through some fresh cow poo on a back road one day. That was smelly for a long time.
    .boB "Iron Man"
    NASA Rocky Mountain, TTU #42, HPDE Instructor
    BDR 1642: Coyote, 6 Speed Auto, Edelbrock Supercharger
    Member: www.MileHiCobraClub.com
    www.RacingTheExocet.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Just be grateful you aren't trying to drive on the pothole ridden roads we are dealing with in Colorado after the last couple of rounds of snow, freeze, thaw, snow cycles. It's like driving through a mine field.
    My Build Thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...ter-Build-9754
    (Most viewed Roadster build thread on this forum!)

Delivered: 6/17/2017
    First Start: 12/30/2017
    Completed: 12/7/2019
    Legal: 1/30/2020

Member of the Mile-Hi Cobra Club
    Dave's Cobra YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbk...npK1UZHj4R-bYQ
    Agora 1:8 Scale Cobra Build: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...l-Build-Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    lol, I did it once in the go-kart...

Turned out the girls walked my (small) dogs while I was out go-karting + one of them dropped a poop in the road in the subdivision.

Looked like a dead fall leaf laying in the street - didn't drive around it - then I wore part of it....

Later figured out it belonged to me anyway....

Chewed a little a**, but I can laugh about it now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh I can get worse than that. ABout 6 or 8 years ago I had my removable air dam on and as I rounded a curve came upon a semi-mashed skunk in the middle of my lane...

As I said, he was only semi smashed so with only 2 inches of ground clearance the air dam scooped him up like a spatula at 60 MPH and it kind of exploded across the front of the car...stink and all. It took a few days for the residual skunk juice to dissipate enough for the car to be allowed back into the garage

Jeff
    Attached Images Attached Images

8. Likes Itchief, MPTech liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Without A Doubt; Jeff Wins!
    Last edited by GoDadGo; 03-24-2019 at 10:12 PM.

10. Likes Houdini liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jeff, I can feel your pain! A few years ago I had a truck with dual rear tires pick up a skunk with those tires and plop it right on hood of my daily driver right at the windshield!!Lived with that stink for over a week no matter what I did!
    FFR 5136 Started as a donor...donor guages, engine, trans,etc. Now...TFS street intake,stage 1 cam, GT40p's,24# injectors and 80mm MAF,70mm TB,Z-spec t-5, and PSE Halibrand wrapped with Nitto 555 G2’s. My ever evolving dream car!!

12. Thanks WIS89 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Some time ago on my way to work one morning, the driver of the car in front of me hit a skunk and of course I was a bit close. The bad news is that I was on my motorcycle! No further explanation needed!
    FFR MK4 #8317, 393 Cleveland, Lunati VooDoo solid roller, CHI 3V heads and intake, TKO 600, Std roadster seats, 8.8 3.55 diff, 17" Halibrand replica wheels, Ford "Magnetic Metallic", silver ghost stripe. (Sold 10/16/21)

14. Thanks WIS89 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    It must have been something about the day because a bird pooped on my head yesterday. I rode my bicycle from my shop to the hardware store; half way there I felt something hit my hat, but thought nothing of it. I got to the store, took my hat off, bought my stuff, came out, went to put the hat back on and saw what looked like a big lump of chassis grease on the hat - which wasn't surprising because my winter "shop hat" get greasy all the time from bumping suspension & drivetrain. So, having no better idea, I thought I'd use my finger to remove the grease and wipe it on the telephone pole. Well, the substance had a very difference consistency from white lithium, wheel bearing grease, etc.

16. Likes WIS89 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    No Poop.

However, on a cruise in Arkansas, I was the third car in a string on the highway. First car hit the accelerator hard, just as a hawk took off from the trees on the side. The hawk was carrying a snake in its talons. By the time it got over the second roadster, it was distracted enough that it dropped the snake which fell and missed landing in the roadster by about 10 inches. No go-pro of that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by steno View Post
    Jeff, I can feel your pain! A few years ago I had a truck with dual rear tires pick up a skunk with those tires and plop it right on hood of my daily driver right at the windshield!!Lived with that stink for over a week no matter what I did!
    ...and then there was the deer you hit with the Cobra when you and Dan were driving back from the Open House a couple of years ago!

Quote Originally Posted by Bob-STL View Post
    No Poop.

However, on a cruise in Arkansas, I was the third car in a string on the highway. First car hit the accelerator hard, just as a hawk took off from the trees on the side. The hawk was carrying a snake in its talons. By the time it got over the second roadster, it was distracted enough that it dropped the snake which fell and missed landing in the roadster by about 10 inches. No go-pro of that.
    Similar story...LCS 2015; Ron Everitt, Tak, Ray, and I think Thierry were all convoying from Massachusetts with Ron leading when a turkey swooped in. Ron nailed it dead center. A couple miles down the road they pulled into a rest stop to assess the situation and a woman who had been following them said "You guys made a hell of a mess back there". When they arrived at the Fairfield Inn in Columbus Henry greeted them and had lunch waiting---Turkey sandwiches from Subway! Ron wasn't particularly amused

Jeff

19. Likes WIS89 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    You guys know you're supposed to drive around that $hit, right???

Sean
    MK 3.5 roadster (MK IV body retrofit to MK III chassis) 396W stroker, 4 bbl mass air EFI, QH (self-tuned), AFR 195CC Renegade, XE274HR, GP 4-1-4 SS headers, 3link, 3.73, 15" Halibrand replicas, SAI mod, bumpers, 2 X roll bars, I² electronics, PS, hydroboosted brakes: 95 GT front, custom MK VIII calipers/Cobra discs rear, FFR front, Levy rear LCA's, Forte front, VPM rear bars, CF dash, mod comp layout w/Auto Meter Ultra-Lites, Lucas tri-bar headlights, coupe taillights, painted by SRP (again!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Aint seen nothin till your behind a 74 motorhome and you see a big black tank bouncing up and down with a metal strap making sparks on the road.....ME ? OH HELL NO ! I knew what I was seein. I switched two lanes over and punched it......The lady in the Mercedes SL (top down)…..NOT SO LUCKY WHEN SHIZ HIT THE ROAD. I don't know what her sins were but KARMA was out for blood that day. Got to see it in the rear view.....I am blessed...da Bat

22. Likes WIS89 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I got hammered by a flock of birds when I just got in my car once. From the windshield on back, including me, was streaks and 2 inch polka-dots. I never knew that bird poop could stink that bad. It had to be something big. Some of the streaks went all the way from the top to the bottom of the fenders.

I picked up a plastic bag right where the pipes come out of the body. Only a minor stink, but tough to clean off.

I was behind a lawn and garden trailer with a drop down ramp tailgate. The entire thing fell off right in front of me. I was able to swerve out of the way.

Post Thanks / Like
    Jeff, Yes, Bambi was all over the bottom and sidepipes of the car! A bit of rain on the trip and a power washer took care of the rest! I still can’t believe the body didn’t explode! I hope the trip to Texas and back is less eventful!
    FFR 5136 Started as a donor...donor guages, engine, trans,etc. Now...TFS street intake,stage 1 cam, GT40p's,24# injectors and 80mm MAF,70mm TB,Z-spec t-5, and PSE Halibrand wrapped with Nitto 555 G2’s. My ever evolving dream car!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    After reading all of the responses some how I just feel so much better about Poop!

26. Likes WIS89, Boydster liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Poop while driving your go-cart could be interesting!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Kleiner View Post
    ... the air dam scooped him up like a spatula at 60 MPH and it kind of exploded across the front of the car...stink and all. It took a few days for the residual skunk juice to dissipate enough for the car to be allowed back into the garage

Jeff

My goodness Jeff, you have supplied quite the visual in my head of what that had to be like. The smell must have been outrageous!! You have me rethinking my air dam now...

Regards,

Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Jeff, maybe you should have 1 wide white stripe on your roadster?

As to Bob's story, we were the car behind the one that almost got the snake surprise! My wife and I were like "did you see that??!!" just missed them by inches.
    F5R #7446: MK4, 302, T5 midshift, 3.55 Posi IRS, 17" Halibrands
    Delivered 4/4/11, First start 9/29/12, Licensed 4/24/13, off to PAINT 2/15/14!! Wahoo!

Post Thanks / Like
    Was on my Harley coming back from Yellowstone to Iowa and in southern Minn. I hit a swarm of yellow butterflies, no windshield. When we pulled over all my wife could do was laugh at me her bike had a windshield. Stained my T-shirt and covered my sunglasses.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MPTech View Post
    Jeff, maybe you should have 1 wide white stripe on your roadster?
    That's funny right there.
    MK IV Roadster #8631
    Ford 302, Holley Terminator EFI, T5z, 3.55 Rear End, IRS, 17” Halibrand Replicas (9” front, 10.5” rear), Nitto 555 G2’s (275/40ZR17 front, 315/35ZR17 rear), Fast Freddie’s Power Steering, F5 Wilwood Brakes, FFMetal’s Firewall Forward, Forte’s Hydraulic Clutch & Throttle Linkage
    https://www.ffcars.com/threads/phile.../#post-4776313

Post Thanks / Like
    I was on my Triumph once, down in hot farmland of southern Georgia, and saw something small jump out of the field next to me, arc its way thru the air and get bigger and bigger as it got closer. It curved right down to a hard whack right on the edge of my windshield (I almost never, ever use a windshield). I had my full face visor about 1/2 open for air and when that fat-*** Georgia Field Grasshopper hit my windshield, I felt this cool, sticky mist spray all into my face and on my neck. When we stopped, my brother looked at me and was laughing as he was picking very large grasshopper guts off my helmet, visor, shirt, face and neck. He made me clean my own bike.
    ---Boyd---
    MkIV #9042 build thread
    www.boss427.us
    427W, TKO600, Moser 3.55 rear.
    Delivered Feb 2017, Graduated Nov 4, 2019