Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Source for cobra steering wheel insert?

Post Thanks / Like

Source for cobra steering wheel insert?

If a person wanted to put a cobra medallion in the center steering wheel insert, rather than the F5 medallion where is a good source?
    MK IV complete Kit - 1st time builder started Sept 2016
    Levy 306
    T5
    2015 Mustang IRS
    Power steering - Levy setup, Breeze roll bars, Thompson trunk box
    fuel injection, powder coating, sway bars, heater, wipers, 17 in wheels

Post Thanks / Like
    I got mine from ********** Accessories. Or, try here https://www.europaspares.com/cobra-parts.html

John
    FFR #7388 - Mk 4 Complete Kit w/ IRS, Ordered 10/21/10, Delivered 12/8/10. 302 with FiTech and Under Car Exhaust, Heat & A/C, Rod Top. Hard top and shop built side curtains added 2023.

Post Thanks / Like
    I also got mine from finish line. They don’t have a sticker emblem to go on the FFR supplied insert, you have to get the complete insert.
    Give them a call and they will direct you to the correct one.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    56mm COBRA Mustang Wheel Center Cap Sticker Emblem Decals 2.25”diameter For Ford. This will exactly fit over the stock FFR center logo, has a curved surface so its a solid fit. About $7.00 for a set of 4 on eBay.

Last edited by BEAR-AvHistory; 03-28-2019 at 09:52 AM.
    Kevin
    MKIV #8234
    Coyote '14/TKO-600/3-Link 3:55 Rear
    I love the smell of 100 octane in the morning.
    NITTO NT01 275X40X17ZR - 315X35ZRX17
    Delivered 2/7/14 - Plate "COYOTE NC1965" 3/25/15

Post Thanks / Like
    Another source...Tony Branda. http://www.cobranda.com/cstwhcecap.html
    FFR MK4 #8317, 393 Cleveland, Lunati VooDoo solid roller, CHI 3V heads and intake, TKO 600, Std roadster seats, 8.8 3.55 diff, 17" Halibrand replica wheels, Ford "Magnetic Metallic", silver ghost stripe. (Sold 10/16/21)

7. Thanks Jacob thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I used the nose emblem. It was about 0.5mm to big, so I carefully filed down the edge to make it fit. Because the edge are beveled, once installed you could not see that it had been modified.
    .boB "Iron Man"
    NASA Rocky Mountain, TTU #42, HPDE Instructor
    BDR 1642: Coyote, 6 Speed Auto, Edelbrock Supercharger
    Member: www.MileHiCobraClub.com
    www.RacingTheExocet.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Moto Lita OEM Cobra Center Cap.
    On my Mk1 I had to shave the top of the retaining bolt (about 0.1") to make it seat down. I also have a custom Moto Lita 12" wheel with Cobra bolt pattern
    https://www.moto-lita.co.uk/accessor...ra-centre-cap/

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John4337 View Post
    I got mine from ********** Accessories. Or, try here https://www.europaspares.com/cobra-parts.html

John
    Is Finish Line the company that others have complained about? Can’t remember but there is one company that others have said their orders were sorta forgotten?
    Levy 306
    T5
    2015 Mustang IRS

Post Thanks / Like
    I have seen some complaints posted, then others say they didn’t have any issue. I try to remember that many of the vendors on here are small operators that try very hard, but do have an occasional oops. I delt with them under the previous owners without issue, but can’t comment on the new owner directly.

John
    FFR #7388 - Mk 4 Complete Kit w/ IRS, Ordered 10/21/10, Delivered 12/8/10. 302 with FiTech and Under Car Exhaust, Heat & A/C, Rod Top. Hard top and shop built side curtains added 2023.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John4337 View Post
    I have seen some complaints posted, then others say they didn’t have any issue. I try to remember that many of the vendors on here are small operators that try very hard, but do have an occasional oops. I delt with them under the previous owners without issue, but can’t comment on the new owner directly.

John
    I’ve had enough self inflicted delays...just want to avoid the nect one!
    Levy 306
    T5
    2015 Mustang IRS

Post Thanks / Like
    I ordered an AC center cap, along with door panels, and a few other items from ********** on 3/11. I still haven't recieved anything, and I can't get hold of them. I've tried phone and email. My online account says "not yet shipped.

Of course, my credit card has been charged. I'm going to give him a few more days. If I don't hear anythiong I'm going to dispute the charge.

I understand he is a small business, but that is no excuse for a complete lack of customer service.

Post Thanks / Like
    Good to know! I was looking for the very same thing!

Post Thanks / Like
    Not the fastest shipping in the world. I've placed several orders the last two months. I've received everything I've ordered, but it's taken two to three weeks. He's on the west coast and I'm on the east coast.
    MKIV Roadster #9414, Complete Kit Delivered 9/8/2018, First Start 11/9/2018, First Go Cart 11/10/2018, Ford 306 Hand Built, E303 Cam, Blueprint Engine Heads, Edelbrock Performer Manifold, Edelbrock AVS2 Carb, Roller Rockers, Tremec T5, 3.55 Moser 3 Link, 17" Halibrand Replicas, Nitto 555 G2's, Power Steering, Power Brakes, Heated Seats, Russ Thompson Turn Signal

Post Thanks / Like
    Just thought I would put this in if anyone got the 4 wheel caps for $7. Had 3 left over & one of the guys on the other form tipped me to this engine compartment bling. Cap also fits into the Mustang CNC radiator cap.

Kevin
    MKIV #8234
    Coyote '14/TKO-600/3-Link 3:55 Rear
    I love the smell of 100 octane in the morning.
    NITTO NT01 275X40X17ZR - 315X35ZRX17
    Delivered 2/7/14 - Plate "COYOTE NC1965" 3/25/15

Post Thanks / Like
    You should post a "want to buy" on the forum's buy/sell classifieds, both here, and on FFCars. Worth a shot before ordering one.
    FFR6803RD, MK 3.1, 302 EFI, fr/rr disc brakes, WC-T5, c/w Hurst Competition Plus shifter, 3 link rear, Koni adjustable coil over shocks, dual roll bars, BBK 4-4 headers, 3.55 rear gears, BBK rear lower control arms c/w poly bushings. Ivy Green Metallic Arrived-02/08, On road 09/2010

18. Thanks Jacob thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Like frankb suggested
    Bought mine from Tony Branda. Perfect fit.
    http://www.cobranda.com/cstwhcecap.html
    Mark IV, Boss 351c, Toploader, Levy 5 link

Post Thanks / Like
    Not a drop-in.. but.. you can get creative and fabricate a functional cobra emblem horn.
    That's what I did.

Wasn't trivial, but wasn't to hard either.
    The original is a (Ford Cobra 3-D Foil Emblem with a Volante S6 Brushed Horn Button) from eBay.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Volante-S6-...-/202085191711

The hardest part was trimming down the plastic horn button inner piece to fit into the hole in the F5 wheel. Slowly cut away material until it fit, and added some epoxy to strength to the thinned out places.

Then.. mounting it to stay in place. I replaced the F5 Stainless Steel steering wheels mounting screws with regular steel ones. Then, embeded some strong neodymium magnets in the back of the horn. The whole piece kinda "Snapps" into place and holds strong. The cap screws in the horn bezel are actually just cut super short and glued in place. Had to drill a small hole down the hub for the 2 light gauge wires. Black grounds to a bolt on the hub, white travlels down the steering shaft to the horn-trigger relay.

Now.. I have a cobra center piece, and a functional horn.
    2016 MK4 | '99 Explorer 5.0 | E303&600cfm carb | T5z + 3.55 | 3-link | SN95 | PB/PS | FR500 17" 315&275 |

21. Thanks Jacob thanked for this post
    Likes Jacob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jose from the Illegal Garage had Billet Badges make him one that looked similar to the vintage cobra logo (similar to skidd’s above) but in just black and raw aluminum. They’re pricey at $90 but look really sweet. I already have that same route earmarked for my steering wheel medallion, hood bade, and trunk badge.
    Chris
    Mark IV Roadster #7679
    Coyote 5.0, T56, Hydraulic Clutch, IRS, Torsen Diff, Wilwoods, Hydraboost, ABS Power Brakes, Power Steering, & tons more extras.