Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Ron Francis Toggle Switches - Anyone use them?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Boydster View Post
    Almost every switch in my car is Ron Francis. I refused to put plastic-bodied, 5A switches in. The RF switches use all metal bodies and are rated for 20-30A, depending on the switch. They have a nice feel to them. Expensive, but you'll hopefully only buy once. I didnt use their bezels, found them too large and bulky and too big to use on a panel with foam, leather and a round switch label. I found some black brass switch nuts to hold em all in.

Anyways, but yeah, RF sells some good stuff.
    Do you happen to have a link to the black brass nuts? I kind of like the chrome but was wondering if it was going to be too much for my understated dash. If so, I'd like to tone it down a little. I'm hoping they will be fine though.
    www.AIMFlight.com
    FFR MK3.1 7075 Delivered: 10/13/09
    408w carbed, TKO 600, IRS (3.27 with Torsen), dual roll bars, halibrand replicas, SS side pipes, rivet on hood scoop, SAI mod

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Darren View Post
    Do you happen to have a link to the black brass nuts? I kind of like the chrome but was wondering if it was going to be too much for my understated dash. If so, I'd like to tone it down a little. I'm hoping they will be fine though.
    This is what I got, but I paid about 1/2 that much for a bag of 10. Guess after I bought a bag, they realized someone might want more so they doubled the price. You can find all kinds of stuff out there, tho. I think they are 15/32", but dont buy for yours based on me. Double check.
    ---Boyd---
    MkIV #9042 build thread
    www.boss427.us
    427W, TKO600, Moser 3.55 rear.
    Delivered Feb 2017, Graduated Nov 4, 2019

Post Thanks / Like
    This is what I got, but I paid about 1/2 that much for a bag of 10. Guess after I bought a bag, they realized someone might want more so they doubled the price. You can find all kinds of stuff out there, tho. I think they are 15/32", but dont buy for yours based on me. Double check.
    Perfect, those look really nice, might be more fitting for my dash. I'll verify when I get the switches and double check the size/pitch if I do order some. They sure are proud of those but for the right look it will be worth it.
    www.AIMFlight.com
    408w carbed, TKO 600, IRS (3.27 with Torsen), dual roll bars, halibrand replicas, SS side pipes, rivet on hood scoop, SAI mod

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Darren View Post
    Perfect, those look really nice, might be more fitting for my dash. I'll verify when I get the switches and double check the size/pitch if I do order some. They sure are proud of those but for the right look it will be worth it.
    If you get em, or something like them, use some padded pliers when tightening, and dont you dare slip. Once they are scratched, that brass underneath shines thru like a $100 led flashlight.
    ---Boyd---
    MkIV #9042 build thread
    www.boss427.us
    427W, TKO600, Moser 3.55 rear.
    Delivered Feb 2017, Graduated Nov 4, 2019

Post Thanks / Like
    If you get em, or something like them, use some padded pliers when tightening, and dont you dare slip. Once they are scratched, that brass underneath shines thru like a $100 led flashlight.
    Yeah, I was thinking of plasti-dipping some pliers for the chrome bezels and would likely do the same for these.
    www.AIMFlight.com

6. Likes Boydster liked this post