A few months ago I reached out to King who designed an excellent method to flip the nose on the Mark 4. Mine is a Mark 3.1 but, the frame in the front where the hinges mount are similar. I promiced King I would share my build on the forum, maybe other will be inspired. The drawings sent to me by King are very detailed plus both King and Jazzman did a thorough job documenting their builds here on the forum.

So, it begins. There are two cam's that keep the hinges from racking and help tighten up the hinge system. These can be cut on a bandsaw however, I decided to mill them on a CNC my buddy and I built back in 2007. It's called a Joe4X4, after the guy who designed it. What impressed me with King's drawings is they are very detailed, more than the CNC build. At that point I knew this project was doable for me. Also, King has been extremly generious with his time answering numerious questions. I recognize this does not come as a surpirse to those of you who have seen his posts.

Here is a short video of one of the cams being cut. Keep in mind, this machine was not designed to cut anything other than wood. Therefore, the speed is about 18imp with a .01 cut depth. Took about 24 minutes to cut which is not bad.

I will do my best to provide updates. Until then, enjoy the video!

Mick

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYOZk2OjWQE