Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Battery location

Post Thanks / Like

Battery location

Anyone experimenting with alternate locations? I am certain I will not be able to remove or even access the battery in recommended location. It is said you can remove it through the bottom. I have tranny cooler lines on one side, and battery wiring, etc., on the other side. No way it would come out the bottom, unless you are Houdini.

I am thinking of cutting a trap door in the bed, but that would look hokey. Saw a post of one person mounting it in an old tool box in the bed.

While test fitting seats, I see there is a lot of wasted space behind them. Anyone looking at mounting the battery in the cab behind the seat?

Just thinking.

Ralph

Post Thanks / Like
    Mine is in the front, under the hood, on the passenger side.
    Factory Five Racing Roadster MKIV -- #9196 -- 347ci, 475 HP, 5 Speed, Plymouth Prowler Orange Metallic

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm planning on a Braille B3121, this might change, I'm a long ways from needing a battery. The thought is to mount it below the upper trunk floor, passenger side, just above and behind the diff. Close as I can tell it will just fit.
    Jim

Post Thanks / Like
    turned my battery sideways had to move some braces and will shear off front of floor and hinge a area to flip back I will have to look at how the truck bed fits together, this is a Grand experiment building this
    this Houdini would not want to try to get it out the bottom and I am planning a group 27 battery