Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Sharp As A Knife Side Pipes > Be Careful Handling Them

Steve >> aka: GoDadGo
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Sharp As A Knife Side Pipes > Be Careful Handling Them

Hey Gang,

Last weekend when I wrote The Dog Poop Post what I didn't tell you all was that I cut the crap out of my knee, while cleaning the left rear fender-well, on the side pipe turn out....With that said, please check your side pipe turn outs and consider grinding down any sharp edges, particularly the front and rear of each exit tube opening....A simple belt sander or grinder with flapper wheel can do the trick pretty easily.

Steve
    Last edited by GoDadGo; 03-31-2019 at 09:06 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    oh yes, I feel like everytime someone is near my car I need to give them sets of instructions. Watch for this, or that, don't pull or push on window, pipes are hot, step here...

My mk4 is still in gelcoat with many unsanded edges. I mastered the art of getting in and out and looking cool
    Life is short, so start living it.
    Build thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...-in-the-garage!
    delivery date: 10/31/2017, first start 2/24/2018, title and registration passed 6/22/2018

Post Thanks / Like
    One thing I did during my quietening process was to cut the turn down off as long as possible and then add a turn down which made the pipes longer. I also rotated it to direct the exhaust more toward the street. This moves the end back a fair amount. Might not help while cleaning but definitely helps the regular in/out.
    FFR MkII, 408W, Tremec TKO 500, 2015 IRS, DA QA1s, Forte front bar, APE hardtop.

4. Thanks GoDadGo thanked for this post