I got a IRS rear end with low miles from a salvage yard recently and just starting pulling it apart earlier today. I want the 3.73 Torsion rear so I had to find one used but I looked for a while to fine one with low miles and thought I got a good one. Anyways, after I started pulling it apart I found the below.

IMG_0711.jpg
IMG_0707.jpg

Yup, the donor mustang must have hit something on that side hard. I thought it was in excellent condition and the damage was not disclosed in listing but after over $350 shipping it may be a bit late to do much. The aluminum is completely broken and I am having a hard time getting one of the bolt holding in on off, probably going to need to cut it off as it is really bound up. I'm not thrilled but I guess as long as the differential is okay I will be fine. I can get another knuckle easier and cheaper then I can get a decent 3.73 torsion.

I am no expert on any of this and wanted to check with everyone on if the though the differential could have been damaged when the car hit and broke the piece shown above. What can I check for if I do need to be concerned? I guess I will see if the salvage yard will send me a new piece to replace what is broken as I think I need that piece right. Anyone have quick access to that part number if I need to order a new one? Thanks for the help everyone.