BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: front brake lines

Post Thanks / Like

front brake lines

I'm about to run my DS to PS front brake line. I've seen some use the X member to run the lines across. I have a Breeze front battery box on the lower PS X member. I was planning on running this hard line across the top portions of the X member and have seen people run it both in front of and behind the X member. Any relative pros/cons?
    I wasn't sure if I had enough room to run it on the back side with the batter box there. I didn't know if this might interfere w/ future battery placement/replacement.
    Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    I made my own front battery box (sorry Mark but, you can see I used a lot of your other products in the build) and ran the line across the front of the X frame. Less chance of damaging it when installing or removing the battery and no chance of a conflict with the battery post. Here’s a picture.

HTH

Norm
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Either in front or on top will be fine. I've done it both ways.

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    Ran my line in front on the top part of the X. Breeze battery box and my coolant catch can in the space between the X and the engine.
    ---Boyd---
    MkIV #9042 build thread
    www.boss427.us
    427W, TKO600, Moser 3.55 rear.
    Delivered Feb 2017, Graduated Nov 4, 2019

Post Thanks / Like
    I ran mine on the back of the X but used a 51 battery vice the 51R in Norm's photo. This places the positive terminal on the opposite side of the battery and well away from the brake lines.

Post Thanks / Like
    As also posted on the other forum: Yes, you could put the brake lines on the back side if you don't get too close to the X-member intersection. This is the Breeze battery box with everything done. But I put them on the front and zero downside IMO.

Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014. Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. Sold 09/07/2020. Build Thread and Video. Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Gen 3 Coyote. Legal 03/04/2020. Build Thread and Video
    Build 5: 35 Hot Rod Truck #138. LS3 and 4L65E auto. Rcvd 01/05/2021. Legal 04/20/2023. Build Thread. Sold 11/9/2023.

Post Thanks / Like
    I like them in front of the X just because it keeps the frame cleaner looking w/o them being visible. I also like to take the end of of the line out just past the 3/4x3/4 tube and point it down vertically. This way your brake line forms a large 'U' w/ just a large 180 deg curve rather than a 90 deg and then a 180.
    FFR MkII, 408W, Tremec TKO 500, 2015 IRS, DA QA1s, Forte front bar, APE hardtop.