Roadster
    FFR Number
    F5R1008650RD
    Description of Setting
    There are three settings involved:
    1. Aurora Municpal Airport, Aurora, IL.
    2. Blanchard Hall, Wheaton College, Wheaton, IL
    3. Morton Arboretum, Lisle, IL

At the airport, it had just finished raining. The photos were taken about 2 PM, Central Time.

First photo: side view, reflection in the puddle. Photo credit: Alissa Behn.
    Next photo: with the F8 Bearcat, owned by John O'Connor. Side view of car at right front of aircraft. Photo credit: Alissa Behn.
    Next photo: with the F8 Bearcat. Front view of car and aircraft. Photo credit: Al Cocconi
    Next photo: At Morton Arboretum, looking into the driver's side cockpit: Photo credit: Al Cocconi
    Next photo: At Blanchard Hall, Wheaton College, Wheaton, IL. Photo credit: Al Cocconi

Al's photos were taken with an iPhone 7. Alissa's photos were taken with professional DSLR equipment.
    Aurora Municipal Airport, Aurora, IL; Morton Arboretum, Lisle, IL; Blanchard Hall, Wheaton College, Wheaton, IL
    Picture Uploads

Attached Images Attached Images

2. Likes FF33rod, GTBradley, timmil liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Congratulations Al! You are the September 2020 POM Winner!

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered
    Delivered 4/23/06. "Finished" 4/2012 (still not done!)

4. Thanks Al_C thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yea Al

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    I feel honored to join the group of photo winners!

I think about this photo session nearly every day. John and Doug (owner and mechanic, respectively) were so welcoming and willing to share their aircraft. The F8 Bearcat was an engineering triumph; so is the Factory Five Roadster! In a sense they belong with one another: the Bearcat was considered the hotrod of the skies. It wasn't until the third generation of jet fighters that an aircraft beat the Bearcat from starting blocks to 10,000 feet (91 seconds).
    Mk IV Roadster - #8650 - delivered 7-17-2015 - first start 7-28-2018 - first go-kart 10-13-2018 - licensed and on the road 9-9-19: body/paint completed 3-17-2020.
    Complete kit / 2015 Coyote / TKO600 / IRS / Wilwood brakes / Mid-Shift mod / Power Steering / Heater and Seat Heaters / RT turn signal / Breeze radiator shroud and mount

7. Likes David Hodgkins liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Kleiner View Post
    Yea Al

Jeff
    Your work made this possible! Thanks, Jeff!
    Mk IV Roadster - #8650 - delivered 7-17-2015 - first start 7-28-2018 - first go-kart 10-13-2018 - licensed and on the road 9-9-19: body/paint completed 3-17-2020.
    Complete kit / 2015 Coyote / TKO600 / IRS / Wilwood brakes / Mid-Shift mod / Power Steering / Heater and Seat Heaters / RT turn signal / Breeze radiator shroud and mount

Post Thanks / Like
    Congratulations, great picture. Too bad the public works dept has you held hostage in your garage.

10. Thanks Al_C thanked for this post
    Likes Al_C liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Congratulations Al! Beautiful car, and spectacular photos.
    Rick

Mk4 with Mr. Bruce FIA body, 331 w/ Speedmaster Stack Injection, Full Width Roll Bar with high brake lights by i.e.427, IRS, ABS, PS, PB, FAST FI, First start 3/30/20, First go-kart 7/5/20, paint by Ken Pike

12. Thanks Al_C thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats Al. Looks GREAT!
    MK4 Build #9035 Delivered 2/17/17, First Start & Go-Kart 6/2/17, Licensed 9/1/17
    Paint - Lightning Blue Metallic, No Hood Scoop, No Stripes
    Gen 2 Coyote Engine & TKO-600. Solid Axle, 8.8-3.55, Power Steering, Power Brakes, Dual Roll Bars
    Heater and Glove Box, Drop Trunk, Wipers, Radio, FFR Vintage Gauges, Custom Dash
    Build Thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...MK4-Build-9035

14. Thanks Al_C thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Fantastic photo! Car looks great. When you put a freaking late WWII plane in your photo with your car, is sure is hard to compete for the the POM with you
    MK IV Build #9659, 3 link, 17's, Forte 347, Sniper EFI, power steering, built for a freak sized person with 17" Kirkey Vintage seats, RT drop trunk, RT turn signal, lots of stuff from Breeze Automotive, Wilwood brakes, paint by Jeff Miller

16. Thanks Al_C thanked for this post
    Likes Al_C liked this post

Steve >> aka: GoDadGo
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Dang That's A Cool Shot!

.....Congratulations!

18. Thanks Al_C thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats Al, great pictures and Kudos to Kleiner as well on another great job.
    Mk4 9735 complete kit delivered 11/29/19 Gen 3 Coyote, Tremec TKO 600, Moser 3.55 First start June 25, 2020 First Go Cart July 20, 2020

20. Thanks Al_C thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Congratulations man...what else can be said but stunning...

Jet

22. Thanks Al_C thanked for this post
    Likes Andrew Davis liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice work Al_C!!

24. Thanks Al_C thanked for this post

Yes, I love Technology
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great car, great aircraft, perfect photo. Sometimes I just look at it for a while before moving on with the forum reads. Thanks!

26. Thanks Al_C thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by aquillen View Post
    Great car, great aircraft, perfect photo. Sometimes I just look at it for a while before moving on with the forum reads. Thanks!
    Art, you made my day. I, too, love this photo (along with the other F8 photos). Thanks for your kind words. This aircraft flew out to the west coast right after my photo session to be transported to Hawaii so it could participate in the V-J Day celebration at Pearl Harbor. I'm dying to know if it has made it back to Illinois safely yet. The roadster hasn't flown anywhere, but it's been accumulating miles as fast as I can put them on it!