Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Nut for headlight switch

Post Thanks / Like

Angry Nut for headlight switch

Well, I finally managed to strip that cheapo aluminum nut that holds the headlight switch in the dash. Should be simple to find a replacement, right? But NO!, local part stores just laughed at me. Amazon, LMC TRUCK, SUMMIT, JEGS, and Napa don't carry them. Does anyone know where to get one of these rare items? I considered buying a new switch but guess what? The switch doesn't come with a nut. HELP, PLEASE
    thanks..

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Brave Salmon View Post
    Well, I finally managed to strip that cheapo aluminum nut that holds the headlight switch in the dash. Should be simple to find a replacement, right? But NO!, local part stores just laughed at me. Amazon, LMC TRUCK, SUMMIT, JEGS, and Napa don't carry them. Does anyone know where to get one of these rare items? I considered buying a new switch but guess what? The switch doesn't come with a nut. HELP, PLEASE
    thanks..
    A google search for headlight switch retaining nut turns up many results. You probably need to know the type and thread.
    33 Hot Rod (Gen 1) Stage 1 delivered on 4/27/2017, Stage 2 delivered on 9/21/2018
    LS3 495hp/480 lb. ft., 4L70E, Electric PS, Classic Auto Air, Lokar electronic sport shifter, 13 inch Wilwood front and 11.68 Cobra rear brakes, Ford 8.8 w 3.73 w 4 link, Billet Specialty Legend Series MAG wheels and Mickey Thompson
    Sportsman S/R 26x8x18 front and 29x18x20 rear tires.

Post Thanks / Like
    This is the one I used from Jegs. https://www.jegs.com/i/OER/691/3919021/10002/-1

They accidentally sent me two, so I still have one laying around somewhere. If it's what you need, it's yours for the shipping.

Kyle
    Last edited by kgkeys; 04-05-2019 at 10:28 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you both very much. The original nut was hex aluminum. That's why I was hesitant to order one like the Jegs part. Since yours fit, Kyle, I have that available locally. I appreciate the offer.
    Take care.
    Tom