Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: T STAT issue

Post Thanks / Like

T STAT issue

Hello all. Well its been a long winter. I finished prepping the car for the spring season and i noticed now with no mechanical changes to the car that now i runit and the T stat seems stuck closed. It runs very hot almost into the red and the fan comes on but the lower rad hose is stayig cool. Pretty sure its stuck shut. Anyone have this issue after it sitting for a long time?

Post Thanks / Like
    Lumpyguy,
    Thermostats are more likely to get stuck open than closed. I suspect you have a big air pocket in your radiator and there isn't enough head pressure to push it out. I suspect you have Wayne's mod that bleeds the air out of the top of the engine. Check coolant level at radiator cap and degas tank. Let us know what you find.
    Bob
    818S #22 Candy Blue Frame, Front Gas Tank, 2.5L Turbo, Rear radiator, Shortened Transmission, Wookiee Compatible, Console mounted MR2 Shifter, Custom ECU panel, AWIC soon
    My Son Michael's Turbo ICE Build X22 http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...rts-818S-Build
    My Electric Supercar Build X21 (on hold until winter) http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...e-Build-Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    That would be really wierd to have that as i have not done anything over the winter that would have changed anything
    No engine or coolent work and it has been working great for 2
    5years? I will have to dig in farther.

Post Thanks / Like
    My system (though an H6) was a bear to bleed. Your "stuck closed" could be "stuck in an air pocket (and still closed)". It took me lot's of burping, and even a couple "bypass" holes in the t-stat.
    818S #332, EZ30R H6, California licensed 01/2019