Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3

Thread: Any 65 Coupes in Toronto Area?

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Any 65 Coupes in Toronto Area?

Hi There!

I'm brand new to this club. After years of being involved in the Ford Mustang community, I've decided to try something new and different. I'm still a long way from ordering the 65 Coupe ($$$) but I can start looking for donors and parts now. My only concern is the size of the interior. I'm 6'5" - the FF website says the 6'5" is do-able, but i would like to sit in one before I make a $50K investment and learn later that I'm going to have a sore neck after driving it to a show.

Is there anyone in the GTA with a 65 Coupe that is willing to let me sit in it? THANKS for any help you can provide!!!!

Rich

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the forum!

I do not live in your parts of the world, but I about the same size. I “test sat” the Type 65 in the FF showroom and felt comfortable, I bought one. Getting in and out was, however, not a pretty sight. I hope that I will be able to find a way to get in and out before the car is ready. Please remember that the generation 3 is much larger inside than the older versions.
    Sigurd
    Type 65 Gen 3, 347 Fi, Tremec, IRS, Wilwood, AC, PS

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the Feedback! Great to hear that FF has some love for the tall people

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Rich-C

There should be a couple of gen 3 coupes in the GTA, although they are more than likely still in the build stage. I would suggest getting a hold of Ryan Valin, he sells Canadian completion kits from his place up north. If you look at some if the Canadian Discussions threads, his email address is sometimes at the bottom (or he may chime in if he sees this thread). He generally knows who has them.

Sigurd is correct, there is loads of room once you are in. It just takes a bit of practice to get in and out, a removable steering wheel helps. I have been in a few and once you get the hang of it.

Depending on how you want to build it, $50K may be a little light (with the current exchange rate). That's whats holding me back at the moment.

Thanks John

Post Thanks / Like
    Yikes - @ + 50K!! Might be sticking to mustangs lol. Still a fully custom, self built car is amazing

Post Thanks / Like
    The car is great, I just need the Canadian dollar to go up. At par would be the best, but I am not holding out much hope for that!

Thanks John

7. Likes Rich-C liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Rich. I'm in the final stages of a FF MK4 that I picked up in February. Hope to have it on the road in June. If you continue to progress along the road of building one, you are welcome to sit in mine if it helps. If you are building it yourself, $50,000 to $55,000 is doable with a donor drive train. That said, anyone building their own MK4 car today should first think about talking to some insurance companies first.

9. Likes Rich-C liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GDH1234 View Post
    Hey Rich. I'm in the final stages of a FF MK4 that I picked up in February. Hope to have it on the road in June. If you continue to progress along the road of building one, you are welcome to sit in mine if it helps. If you are building it yourself, $50,000 to $55,000 is doable with a donor drive train. That said, anyone building their own MK4 car today should first think about talking to some insurance companies first.
    Thank you!

Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone in Ontario building a Kit car should look at insurance first, A lot of companies that used to do are droping kit cars. I have insurance on the 818 and perfect riving record 45 years old and no issues. my company sent a letter that the dropped my saying my car was modded. they knew this 2 years years ago when gave them the appraisal. and a few other guys with modded factory cars here are getting dropped too.

I went from 500 a year to facility insurance of 1900 a year but no restrictions and will go down in the winter when off the road.

insurance can find any reason and drop you, or not insure you. my new agent for the 818 said its a lot more work to insure these types of cars and they just don't want to deal with it, also if it get damaged in an accident they will most likely write it off and do full pay out. as they have no way to evaluate and repair it as its all custom.

****ty, wanna play you got to pay!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi,Rich. I'm brand new to this. Purchased a completed Daytona just last Friday. I'm 6' 5 1/2"and 255. My car was completed on 2010 and I'm not sure if it's a 2nd gen ! I gave the owner a good laugh as I had to take the seat out to drive it home. Will be making my own bomber style seat. Lots of leg room and head room is fine for me. Getting in and out is fun though and a removable steering wheel will be my first mod after the seat.

13. Likes AJT '33 liked this post