FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3

Thread: winter upgrades

Post Thanks / Like

winter upgrades

STILL cold here is Chicago... HOW LONG IS WINTER GOING TO LAST! ARGH!!! Gave me a lot of time to do some shinny bling upgrades.
    [LIST][*]Chromed the roll bars (was black)[*]FFR stainlees side exhaust (was black)[*]recovered tranny cover, added cup holders and polished alluminum accents
    IMG_1420.JPGIMG_1426.JPGIMG_0587.JPGIMG_0711.jpgIMG_0356.JPGIMG_0358.JPG

2. Likes Yama-Bro, Straversi, FF33rod liked this post

Steve >> aka: GoDadGo
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Very Nice Upgrades For Sure!

Remember, if you need to angle the pipes up or down you can install one 3/8" bolt and three 5/16" bolts to allow the pipes to be turned up or down. You can even use all 5/16" bolts if you need even more adjustment (up or down) of the pipes.

In addition, if you need to do any movement in or out from the body, then consider contacting Mark Reynolds at Breeze Automotive for some of his side pipe wedges. I've got them and man are they great.

See the link below should you need them:

https://www.breezeautomotive.com/?s=...t_type=product

Good Luck From The Dark Dart Side!
    Last edited by GoDadGo; 04-10-2019 at 01:37 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks great! Like the metal accents/trim along the sides of the tranny cover. I’m in the middle of a build right now just west of you. Would love to meet up.
    MKIV #9542 Complete Kit, Coyote, IRS - Delivered - 2/19/19, First start - 9/8/19, Go Cart - 9/14/19
    1965 Mustang Convertible 4v 289
    Build Thread HERE

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dpariso View Post
    STILL cold here is Chicago... HOW LONG IS WINTER GOING TO LAST! ARGH!!! Gave me a lot of time to do some shinny bling upgrades.
    [LIST][*]Chromed the roll bars (was black)[*]FFR stainlees side exhaust (was black)[*]recovered tranny cover, added cup holders and polished alluminum accents
    IMG_1420.JPGIMG_1426.JPGIMG_0587.JPGIMG_0711.jpgIMG_0356.JPGIMG_0358.JPG
    Very nice upgrades. That's making good use of our winter time.
    Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8658. 04 of 20. 3.31 IRS.
    Forte 427 Dart, TKO 600, Quick Fuel 780 carb. Delivered 9/2/2015, First start/Go Cart 2/18/2017.
    Road Legal August 31, 2017

Post Thanks / Like
    Our cars are very similar. I just had my black side pipes coated by Jet-Hot and love the results. Thinking seriously about those cup holders.

D9E0D7B1-E076-406B-88A4-A1DF33DCBCF6.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    The upgrades look great.

Did you find someone to do your brake upgrade? Hope so.

I did my first go-cart about a week ago and have 7 miles on the chassis. Going to put the body on here in the next couple days.

First Go Cart.jpg
    2nd MK4 #10639 received 3-19-23. Wife's version. Street Snake - IRS, Willwoods, no roll bars, no hood scoop, no stripes, Blue Print EFI 306 with AOD trans, and under car exhaust. Ford Eruption Green with saddle leather interior.
    1st build - Mk4 Roadster #9319, received 4-10-18. IL registration 8/6/19. Moser 8.8. 3 Link. Wilwood brakes. Blue Print 427, Holley 750, TKO 600, 0.64 OD. Paint Dec 2020. Ruby Red with Carbon Flash Black metallic stripes.

Post Thanks / Like
    I recomend the cup holder. PERFECT for bottled H2o. And, before I installed the holder... took it shopping with me (4 diffent stores!) to find the perfect stainless coffee mug.

Post Thanks / Like
    nope, did not find anyone capable for the brake upgrade. I'm still looking.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Cruzz, that would be great. Come on over and we can talk what I have on my car that you might want to implement (or not implement) into your build.
    The sides rails (Aluminum) of my tranny cover turned out great! They are buffed/polished to a mirror finish. My only concern is with possible scratches since the seat belts knock againt it. However, if they do get marked up... I'll just get them chromed (more durable).

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dpariso View Post
    nope, did not find anyone capable for the brake upgrade. I'm still looking.
    A friend (not on the forum) purchased a used MK4 without power brakes. Didn't like the braking without and decided to add them without removing the body. Said it took a long time, working in the limited space. And no, doesn't want to do it again. Sorry

I drove mine about 600 miles (body on) before paint. Took the body off to paint and made several modifications while I could... power brakes was first on the list.
    MK4 Build #9035 Delivered 2/17/17, First Start & Go-Kart 6/2/17, Licensed 9/1/17
    Paint - Lightning Blue Metallic, No Hood Scoop, No Stripes
    Gen 2 Coyote Engine & TKO-600. Solid Axle, 8.8-3.55, Power Steering, Power Brakes, Dual Roll Bars
    Heater and Glove Box, Drop Trunk, Wipers, Radio, FFR Vintage Gauges, Custom Dash
    Build Thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...MK4-Build-9035