Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Looking for "Daytona" emblems.

Post Thanks / Like

Looking for "Daytona" emblems.

I know I have seen chrome finished cursive Daytona emblems on dashes. I can't seem to locate these for sale anywhere. I looked thru the vendors with no luck as well. Does anyone have a source for this?
    Gen 3 Coupe, Gen 2 Coyote, Wilwoods, IRS, Power Steering, AC JDAVIS500 Build Thread

PLATNUM Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like

3. Thanks jdavis500 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    billet badges.com also
    MK4 #8900 - complete kit - Coyote, TKO600, IRS - Delivered 6/28/16 First Start 10/6/16 Go cart - 10/16/16 Build completed - 4/26/17 - 302 days to build my 302 CI Coyote Cobra - Registered and street legal 5/17/17
    Build Thread http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...e-build-thread
    PHIL 4:13 INSTAGRAM - @scottsrides

Post Thanks / Like
    At one time, Russ Thompson made them, but I don't see them on his website now.

http://www.norcal-cobras.com/store/r...uss_garage.htm
    MK2 #3319.... On the road since 2002 with a lot of upgrades

Post Thanks / Like
    I called a few places today. The custom chrome plated plastic folks didn't seem to want to deal with me because they have minumum order of 250. Those would cost at least $5000 for that order which includes a $2500 mold fee. I filled out the quote request for Billetbadges so I will see how that turns out. I actually remember seeing something on TV about them from this past SEMA show. Seems like it could be reasonable to buy quantity and sell them to other builders. I wonder if copyright issues would come up. Russ Thompson sells the Daytona sill plates. I wonder if that was an issue there. I think a Daytona nameplate on the dash would be a no brainer, and possibly somewhere on the rear or front fenders.
    Gen 3 Coupe, Gen 2 Coyote, Wilwoods, IRS, Power Steering, AC JDAVIS500 Build Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    I used billet badges for my custom fender badges. Very nice quality pieces. If you use them you won't be disappointed although they weren't cheap.
    MK4 #8900 - complete kit - Coyote, TKO600, IRS - Delivered 6/28/16 First Start 10/6/16 Go cart - 10/16/16 Build completed - 4/26/17 - 302 days to build my 302 CI Coyote Cobra - Registered and street legal 5/17/17
    Build Thread http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...e-build-thread
    PHIL 4:13 INSTAGRAM - @scottsrides

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jdavis500 View Post
    Russ Thompson sells the Daytona sill plates. I wonder if that was an issue there. I think a Daytona nameplate on the dash would be a no brainer, and possibly somewhere on the rear or front fenders.
    The sill plates are not what I remember. I do remember that he cut ( water jet or laser ??? ) the daytona script out of alum plate.

Maybe it was a very limited run, but I think it might be what you are looking for.
    MK2 #3319.... On the road since 2002 with a lot of upgrades

Post Thanks / Like
    I got some of Russ’s Daytona badges. He had some for sale on a batch he ran years ago, but don’t think it was ever a steady item.
    Have not installed mine yet as I’m still working on the dash, but they are a nice finishing touch.

John
    Finished the "My Coupe, my way" project.

http://s956.photobucket.com/albums/ae46/jdcoupe1969/
    Coupe #386,17" Team III 245 FR 315 RR, 3-link, T5, 4 wheel disk, power brakes/steering. Sniper EFI
    First start Sept. 18 2013 First go kart Sept 19 2013

Post Thanks / Like
    I don’t remember who made them but about 5 years ago someone had some plaques made up for the 50th anniversary of the Daytona coupes winning the FIA GT championship. Maybe you can do some digging to see if there are any left. I bought 4 of them, hoping to put them on in a couple of months after I have mine painted.
    George T

Type 65 Coupe #338, Picked Up 4-Aug-07, Roller on 8-Mar-09, 1st start 8-Sep-13, 1st Autocross 7-Oct-18, finished sanding & sprayed paint myself 6-Nov-21, IRS/LCA/Koni/traditional gages/Kirkey/pin-drive rear width/15" Torq-Thrust Ds/44IDFs/Brodix ST5.0R heads/Eagle internal-balance crankshaft/oil pan by Armando/home-made turkey pan/S-10 mid-shift T5