I am new to the FFforum and am questioning which car to build. I received the FF PR packet and have watched the DVD. I am greatly impressed!! The company has great energy, experience and dedication to their product. I have limited car experience beyond changing oil, rotating tires, installing a hitch, and replacing radio / speakers when it comes to cars. I.e. how much detailed knowledge of engine, drive train, electrical, body work etc needed for building these cars? Are the instructions and parts organized in such a way that even an unskilled or slightly skilled person can build one of these cars? I am looking for a kit car project and building one of these cars looks like it would be a good challenge and rewarding in the end, but I don't want to get in over my head. That being said, what is the skill level and cost required to build each model that FF offers? I see the partial and total kit costs, but am looking for best estimate of total completion costs. It was suggested by FF's Dave Brigham's recent email response my questions to join the forum, and start with an 818 and then work up to the more difficult GTM model if desired, but do not start with a GTM. I am curious from individuals who have attended the build course on how much take home knowledge is gain from 3 day build course? Would they do it again if they could? I am looking forward to general feedback from company reps, experienced and novice builders on what to build. I am planning to dedicate time and money to build a car and would like to get it right. Are there any NCAL factory five car builders or owners that might be willing to show me there finished or unfinished car?

What are the different builder skill levels & cost differences for:

818c

65 Coupe

Mk4 Roadster

GTM supercar

289 USRRC Roadster

33 Hot Rod

35 Hot Rod Truck