BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Heater hose connection to water pump

Post Thanks / Like

Heater hose connection to water pump

Trying to get all my plumbing taken care of before I start the wiring. I ran into a problem hooking up the heater hose to the water pump fitting. The problem is that it comes directly into the alternator, about 3 inches away. the hose will not make that tight a bend without kinking. Is there some way to make this bend that I'm not aware of? Last heater hose connection to make, and I'm snookered.
    Rick

Mk4 with Mr. Bruce FIA body, 331 w/ Speedmaster Stack Injection, Full Width Roll Bar with high brake lights by i.e.427, IRS, ABS, PS, PB, FAST FI, First start 3/30/20, First go-kart 7/5/20, paint by Ken Pike

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Frank. Wasn't sure that something like this was available. I'll check this out, and also with my local parts store. One of these days I hope to get this thing finished, and get that roll bar wired up.
    Rick

Mk4 with Mr. Bruce FIA body, 331 w/ Speedmaster Stack Injection, Full Width Roll Bar with high brake lights by i.e.427, IRS, ABS, PS, PB, FAST FI, First start 3/30/20, First go-kart 7/5/20, paint by Ken Pike

Post Thanks / Like
    All the old F 100 trucks use them. Some are even 3/4 tapered to 5/8. Just go to wall of hoses in the parts store. Richard.
    Richard Oben FFR builder www.northracecars.com

Need help finishing your project we can help here or at your shop.

FFR GTM #34 first GTM with working AC. 400 hp LS1 w/G50
    FFR coupe 3617CP 331 Stack EFI T-5 IRS Cobra brakes, AC/heat.
    Both cars by NRC, we can build (and have built) any FFR product.
    We also make and sell a ton of great parts for the FFR community.
    Brake kits, AC systems, #1 supplier of Team III wheels.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Richard, Today I'm off to the local parts store. I think I've reached the point where if I need it, I'm going to buy it and to hell with any thoughts of budget I may have started this build with! I just want to get it done.
    Rick

Post Thanks / Like
    In addition to a 3/4" to 5/8" 90* hose elbow (https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/NBG10071), I used one of these: https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/NBG9924

John

IMG_3461 by jhsitton, on Flickr
    MK IV Roadster #8631
    Ford 302, Holley Terminator EFI, T5z, 3.55 Rear End, IRS, 17” Halibrand Replicas (9” front, 10.5” rear), Nitto 555 G2’s (275/40ZR17 front, 315/35ZR17 rear), Fast Freddie’s Power Steering, F5 Wilwood Brakes, FFMetal’s Firewall Forward, Forte’s Hydraulic Clutch & Throttle Linkage
    https://www.ffcars.com/threads/phile.../#post-4776313

Post Thanks / Like
    John, in addition to the hose I mentioned on the other forum, I looked at that 90 degree fitting. Once i start routing the hose, I may go back and pick one of those up to make the install cleaner. Didn't buy it thinking that I'd like to avoid as many joints as I can. Thanks for the reference to the part numbers.
    Rick

Post Thanks / Like
    I did the same thing. 90* heater hose and a barb coupling.