Hey all,

We are where the pedal box aluminum and much of the cockpit aluminum are to go on now. We mocked up, removed and painted, and then siliconed and riveted the passenger footbox aluminum to sort of get the idea on what doing that kind of work was going to be like. One thing I've noted is the order is important - meaning that some panels simply have to precede other panels for a correct fit based on tabs and over/under laying fitment.

Since I haven't built before my first inclination was to keep as much aluminum off as possible. But after looking at some others contributors posts and pictures where the aluminum has been drilled or used in the routing path of wires and other lines it looks like I better have a SOLID understanding of how the cockpit aluminum is going to fit before moving on to those routing tasks.

Can anyone brief me on the procedure they used to get the wiring and aluminum right and done in a reasonable order (so hopefully I don't have to drill out rivets, or undo lots of wiring work later)?
I guess I could clecko all the footbox and cockpit aluminum in, and just leave it like that while running tubes, lines, and wires?
I guess an alternative way to ask the questions is, at what point in the build do you advise to rivet the cockpit together?

Thanks all!