Suspension Details:
Sold rear axle with 3-link.
Koni Red coilover shocks. Mounted with body of shock "up". (not my car, but this is the orientation https://www.ffcars.com/forums/attach...s-100_7417.jpg)

Cliff Notes:
I get a substantial "clunk" in the rear-suspension as it returns from a very high articulation. It's the shock sleeve and spring.

Long Story (hope I can articulate what is happening):
On my drive home from work (yes, I commute in my Cobra), there is a low speed 90deg right turn from the road into a back alley. The road is flat and level, but the entrance to the alley has a pretty aggressive ramp up. As a result, while turning in, the front right and back left corners carry the weight of the car. The right-rear of my car momentarily comes off the ground, and the suspension goes full droop on that side. As I straighten up and the right tire goes back under the cars weight, there is a very loud "clunk" sound. I emulated the scenario in my garage with jack-stands and a couple of floor jacks. What I found happened was that under full droop and with the shock at full extension, the spring was completely unloaded and had plenty of slop. Gravity pulled down the spring from the aluminum adjuster sleeve by a good amount. As the cars weight put load back on the spring, it for a moment gets caught on the tiny lower lip of the adjustment ring, before finally just skipping off that edge and "clunking" down seated to the correct location in the ring.

So.. the question.. what is the "correct" fix for this?
Axle Limiting Straps (seems the best option)?
Grease on the sleeve so it follows the spring (seems iffy)?
Invert the shocks (don't know what that would do)?
???