Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Wilwood torque

Post Thanks / Like

Wilwood torque

Does anyone have the torque settings for the Wilwood IRS brakes?
    Sigurd
    Type 65 Gen 3, 347 Fi, Tremec, IRS, Wilwood, AC, PS

Post Thanks / Like
    I torqued the caliper mounts to 65 ft/lb using Loctite 271. I torqued the caliper to the mount at 40 ft/lb, but I did not use 271 per the instructions, I used blue 243, since the calipers will need to come off to replace pads.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you
    Sigurd

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry, but I am not that used to the units. An M14 1|0.9 bolt should have 148 Nm or about 110 lb/ft. I think I am going to torque a little more than 65 lb/ft.
    Sigurd

Post Thanks / Like
    I am new to these builds, but 110 lb/ft sounds high. These bolts are going into aluminum and I would be concerned with stripping the material (may be unfounded :-)

I reviewed 2 sets of instructions, the ones that came with the brake kit and Factory Five specific ones from the Wilwood website. The instructions that came with the brake kit said the mounting bracket should be 60 lb/ft and the calipers should be 35 lb/ft. The Factory Five specific instructions from the Wilwood website said 65 and 40, so I went with the higher value.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadsden View Post
    I am new to these builds, but 110 lb/ft sounds high. These bolts are going into aluminum and I would be concerned with stripping the material (may be unfounded :-)

I reviewed 2 sets of instructions, the ones that came with the brake kit and Factory Five specific ones from the Wilwood website. The instructions that came with the brake kit said the mounting bracket should be 60 lb/ft and the calipers should be 35 lb/ft. The Factory Five specific instructions from the Wilwood website said 65 and 40, so I went with the higher value.
    I agree.
    FFR MkII, 408W, Tremec TKO 500, 2015 IRS, DA QA1s, Forte front bar, APE hardtop.