Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Steering wheel finishing

Post Thanks / Like

Steering wheel finishing

Getting down to final details so I thought I would install whatever was needed to close off the hole where the horn button and kit goes. I contacted factory five an purchased the piece that holds the FFR logo. Looked easy, as if I should be able to just press it in but nooooo. The o ringed bottom is much smaller diameter than the inner opening of the wheel. I am figuring there is something else that possible screws on with the nut and sticks upheld by the o ring to insulate it from contact with the outer wheel. Can someone show me a picture of the parts I need?

IMG_1468.jpegIMG_1467.jpegIMG_1466.jpegIMG_1465.jpegIMG_1469.jpeg

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm confused, as usual. Did you not get the ffr logo horn button for the center of the wheel? I thought the center piece they sell to hold the emblem is mark 4 only. What are we missing here?1556549118220-872183766.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    I have the logo, somehow I have lost the button they sent with it and what I got from them was actually for a Mark IV. So I drilled an aluminum plate to fasten between the Adapter between it and the wheel then the Ididt guys sold me a horn button cover. I think it looks okay

IMG_1543.jpg
    Last edited by wrp; 04-29-2019 at 09:55 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Is it possible given the early production number of your car, that it could be vastly different than the current steering wheels? Just a thought.
    33 Hot Rod (Gen 1) Stage 1 delivered on 4/27/2017, Stage 2 delivered on 9/21/2018
    LS3 495hp/480 lb. ft., 4L70E, Electric PS, Classic Auto Air, Lokar electronic sport shifter, 13 inch Wilwood front and 11.68 Cobra rear brakes, Ford 8.8 w 3.73 w 4 link, Billet Specialty Legend Series MAG wheels and Mickey Thompson
    Sportsman S/R 26x8x18 front and 29x18x20 rear tires.