Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: E15

Post Thanks / Like

E15

The EPA issued a proposed regulation that would allow gas stations around the country to sell E15 (gasoline that’s 15% ethanol) during the summer months (June 1 through September 15). If finalized, the EPA would overturn its long-standing prohibition on the sale of E15 during high-ozone season by allowing the fuel to use the 1 pound per square inch (psi) Reid Vapor Pressure (RVP) waiver, which currently allows E10 sales during the summer months. The EPA’s effort to allow year-round E15 sales would expand the number of gas stations selling gasoline blended with higher amounts of ethanol.
    Go here to voice your opposition;
    http://www.semasan.com/legislative-a...pand-sale-e-15
    FFR MkII, 408W, Tremec TKO 500, 2015 IRS, DA QA1s, Forte front bar, APE hardtop.

Post Thanks / Like
    Done although my Turbo cars like up to 35% ethanol mixed in 93. Prefer to mix my own over a blanket government mandate.
    Last edited by BEAR-AvHistory; 04-17-2019 at 08:53 AM.
    Kevin
    MKIV #8234
    Coyote '14/TKO-600/3-Link 3:55 Rear
    I love the smell of 100 octane in the morning.
    NITTO NT01 275X40X17ZR - 315X35ZRX17
    Delivered 2/7/14 - Plate "COYOTE NC1965" 3/25/15

Post Thanks / Like
    Problem is depending on where you get your fuel, vintage of your motor technology and level of tune you can destroy a engine on e15 where it could live if tuned at a e10 max level. But even the current 10% max ethanol fuels vary from pump to pump. You may get one station with a 5% blend and anothrmer at a 9% blend. My worry with this mess is that they will put 15% ethanol in a pump labeled for no more then 10% and people with high performace older vehicles will be left with large repair bills. I had a station one time put regular in a premium tank and that mess set me back just a hair over 10k. Personally I believe we should sell regular gasoline grades and e85 or very clearly label the pumps so consumers can get the correct fuel for their vehicle.
    Last edited by GFX2043mtu; 04-17-2019 at 12:32 PM.
    Mk4, Moser M88 rear end, Eaton truetrak, Craft Racing 461 Windsor, MMR pro trans, Glenn’s 1,000 hp cobra fuel system and lots of other parts.