FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Gauge Panels

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Gauge Panels

I have been looking for a 6 hole gauge panel that fits the Auto-meter supplied gauges 2-1/16" & 3-1/8" diameters. I am having no luck at all.
    Has anyone found a panel that fits these gauges?

Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Last edited by FF33rod; 04-17-2019 at 12:14 PM.
    Gen 1 '33 Hot Rod #1104
    347 with Holley Sniper & Hyperspark, TKO600, IRS, 245/40R18 & 315/30R18, DRL, Digital Guard Dog keyless Ignition

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Steve,
    Thanks for the information.

Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    summit
    and speedway motors should have fined aluminum ones
    I got a couple of them

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Thanks everyone for the websites.

Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Does anyone make one for 4"/2 1/16"gauges? I have found a couple that will machine them but it's not cheap.
    33 Hot Rod (Gen 1) Stage 1 delivered on 4/27/2017, Stage 2 delivered on 9/21/2018
    LS3 495hp/480 lb. ft., 4L70E, Electric PS, Classic Auto Air, Lokar electronic sport shifter, 13 inch Wilwood front and 11.68 Cobra rear brakes, Ford 8.8 w 3.73 w 4 link, Billet Specialty Legend Series MAG wheels and Mickey Thompson
    Sportsman S/R 26x8x18 front and 29x18x20 rear tires.

Post Thanks / Like
    I've fairly well come to the end of my build, except the inevitable and continuous trying new things. A couple of observations or things I would consider doing differently. I like my dash setup, I did not buy the original piece or gauge set. It looks great and is quite adequate. However, were I to do the car all over again, I would not put the fuse panel under the dash. I would most likely put it in the trunk. With the AC unit under the dash, accessing even fuzes is a pain in the ***. If I couldn't relocate the panel to the trunk I would seriously consider a dash arrangement that allowed removal of the gauges and opened up the rear behind the dash.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wrp View Post
    I've fairly well come to the end of my build, except the inevitable and continuous trying new things. A couple of observations or things I would consider doing differently. I like my dash setup, I did not buy the original piece or gauge set. It looks great and is quite adequate. However, were I to do the car all over again, I would not put the fuse panel under the dash. I would most likely put it in the trunk. With the AC unit under the dash, accessing even fuzes is a pain in the ***. If I couldn't relocate the panel to the trunk I would seriously consider a dash arrangement that allowed removal of the gauges and opened up the rear behind the dash.
    I plan to use one of Tim W's dash panels which when removed provides access behind the majority of the dash. My fuse box for the LS can also be removed for access.
    33 Hot Rod (Gen 1) Stage 1 delivered on 4/27/2017, Stage 2 delivered on 9/21/2018
    LS3 495hp/480 lb. ft., 4L70E, Electric PS, Classic Auto Air, Lokar electronic sport shifter, 13 inch Wilwood front and 11.68 Cobra rear brakes, Ford 8.8 w 3.73 w 4 link, Billet Specialty Legend Series MAG wheels and Mickey Thompson
    Sportsman S/R 26x8x18 front and 29x18x20 rear tires.

9. Likes wrp liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    That is exactly what I would recommend

11. Thanks HVACMAN thanked for this post