FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: For Sale: FFMetal Battery Box

Post Thanks / Like

For Sale: FFMetal Battery Box

I’ve got an FFMetal battery box for sale that I bought several years ago. The box has been opened but that’s all, the aluminum components are still in their original wrapping paper. $120 including shipping within the U.S.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Mk 1.5, 347 with Sniper EFI, T-5, 3-Link with VPM Rear Sway Bar, Power Steering with Hydraboost Brakes, Under Car Exhaust, SAI Mod, Rear Fender Flares, Dropped Trunk Mod, ... (Sold September 2019)

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Jim,

I have a Mk 3.1 that I bought partially-finished. Do you know: a.) will this box fit in a 3.1? and b.) how hard do you think it will be to install given the fact that the trunk floor is already in place on my car?

Thanks!
    Craig

10/2018 -- acquired Mk3.1 #6602 which was an unfinished project in go-kart stage; 9/2019 -- completed car enough to drive locally and compete in autocross events; still in original black gel-coat; 347 Stroker w/ Holley 650 carb, roller cam; Tremec 3550; 3.51 rear diff; lots of Breeze pieces; 2021 -- XP Champion in Central PA Region - SCCA Autocross Series; 2022 - installed windshield and registered in PA; my Build Thread -- https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...ished-Business

6/2022 -- acquired Mk3 #1004; finished build; 347 stroker w/ Holley 560 carb SOLD

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF6602 View Post
    Hi Jim,

I have a Mk 3.1 that I bought partially-finished. Do you know: a.) will this box fit in a 3.1? and b.) how hard do you think it will be to install given the fact that the trunk floor is already in place on my car?

Thanks!
    Craig,

a.) I'm pretty sure it'll fit your Mark 3.1., b.) I think you can install it with the trunk floor aluminum installed (see the first link I'm attaching); however, I wouldn't try installing it if your body is already mounted to the chassis. I've also attached a link to the installation instructions.

https://www.ffcars.com/forums/17-fac...leted-mki.html

https://www.ffmetal.com/batteryboxinstructionsMK4.html
    Mk 1.5, 347 with Sniper EFI, T-5, 3-Link with VPM Rear Sway Bar, Power Steering with Hydraboost Brakes, Under Car Exhaust, SAI Mod, Rear Fender Flares, Dropped Trunk Mod, ... (Sold September 2019)

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Jim. The body is off the chassis right now. I'll take a look under the car tomorrow and compare that to the install instructions but I feel pretty confident I can make it work. Will get back to you soon.
    Craig

10/2018 -- acquired Mk3.1 #6602 which was an unfinished project in go-kart stage; 9/2019 -- completed car enough to drive locally and compete in autocross events; still in original black gel-coat; 347 Stroker w/ Holley 650 carb, roller cam; Tremec 3550; 3.51 rear diff; lots of Breeze pieces; 2021 -- XP Champion in Central PA Region - SCCA Autocross Series; 2022 - installed windshield and registered in PA; my Build Thread -- https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...ished-Business

6/2022 -- acquired Mk3 #1004; finished build; 347 stroker w/ Holley 560 carb SOLD

Post Thanks / Like
    Do you still have this available?
    Mk4 Roadster #9054, 2001 Mustang GT donor, 4.6 SOHC engine, automatic transmission, ABS brakes

Post Thanks / Like
    Battery box has been sold.