Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Must haves from Forte

Post Thanks / Like

Must haves from Forte

I am on vacation in Florida at the moment, and while I haven't received an answer to my build-application in Norway yet, I thought I'd start buying some parts to save on shipping and taxes. I am putting an order in with Forte to snag one of those CNC reservoirs before they are gone, and also a set of seat heaters. My question is what other " must haves" should I consider buying from him while I am at it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, and I forgot: planning on a mild 302, TKO, IRS, 17" wheels.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hydraulic Clutch?

Post Thanks / Like
    Depending on your build plans, you might consider his mid-shift kit for the transmission. It places the shift lever closer to thee dash, and as a result, allows a more upright shift lever.

Mike also has a very nice mechanical throttle linkage kit. This allows a mechanical link between your accelerator pedal and the throttle, eliminating the cable connection, and providing better throttle response.

He also sells a nice transmission spacer kit to help correct pinion angle.

I am sure others have some ideas as well!

Good luck!

Regards,

Steve

Cobra Doc
    Post Thanks / Like
    He sells the rear spindles/hubs and differential at a good price. A few hundred less than directly from FF. His customer service is also just top notch, so I'd buy from him even it cost me more.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gkp200 View Post
    Hydraulic Clutch?
    Planning on that, but not sure wether I'll use a slave cylinder on the clutch fork or one that goes directly over the input shaft, not researched this yet. May buy the whole setup with blueprint engine and transmission in Norway

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WIS89 View Post
    Depending on your build plans, you might consider his mid-shift kit for the transmission. It places the shift lever closer to thee dash, and as a result, allows a more upright shift lever.

Mike also has a very nice mechanical throttle linkage kit. This allows a mechanical link between your accelerator pedal and the throttle, eliminating the cable connection, and providing better throttle response.

He also sells a nice transmission spacer kit to help correct pinion angle.

I am sure others have some ideas as well!

Good luck!

Regards,

Steve
    Yep, was looking at those. So you feel the mechanical throttle linkage is a big improvement over the cable?

Is there always a need for spacers for the pinion angle?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rsw81 View Post
    He sells the rear spindles/hubs and differential at a good price. A few hundred less than directly from FF. His customer service is also just top notch, so I'd buy from him even it cost me more.

I have seen that one as well. It won't fit in my suitcase, so i will look into it when I order the kit. Probably will get it from Mike if I buy the engine and transmission from him as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Oystein View Post
    Yep, was looking at those. So you feel the mechanical throttle linkage is a big improvement over the cable?

Is there always a need for spacers for the pinion angle?
    Mechanical throttle linkage is a big improvement.

Didn't use transmission spacers so no feedback on second question.
    Steve

FFR #8305; IRS, 347; T5 Trans; EFI, 3.27 Rear; 17x9" Front; 17x10.5" Rear
    Paint - Ford Magnetic Metallic Gray (J7) with Black Stripes; Painted by "da Bat"
    Complete Kit Delivered 05/15/2014; Titled and Registered 4/14/2017 as a 1965!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by swwebb View Post
    Mechanical throttle linkage is a big improvement.

Didn't use transmission spacers so no feedback on second question.

Thank you. Looks like the linkage is a must then, will add it to my list.

Post Thanks / Like
    Planning on that, but not sure wether I'll use a slave cylinder on the clutch fork or one that goes directly over the input shaft, not researched this yet. May buy the whole setup with blueprint engine and transmission in Norway
    Mike sells engines and transmissions. He shipped mine with engine and trans already connected and hydraulic slave cylinder mounted and it was less that other engine builders.

Post Thanks / Like
    If your going with a carburetor or a carburetor style EFI his mechanical throttle linkage is great.
    Mk4, Moser M88 rear end, Eaton truetrak, Craft Racing 461 Windsor, MMR pro trans, Glenn’s 1,000 hp cobra fuel system and lots of other parts.

Post Thanks / Like
    So I'm out of luck regarding the triple CNC reservoir, out of stock permanently apparently.

Post Thanks / Like
    So I'm out of luck regarding the triple CNC reservoir, out of stock permanently apparently.
    I searched the internet and couldn’t find any....

Post Thanks / Like
    Talked to Mike, think he said he sold the last one three weeks ago, oh well.... He had a different set of reservoirs that I have ordered. Actually think they look more business/ racy, and not so bling, so they may suit my vision better. Should be here in a couple of days. Kinda backwards to start with the extra parts I know, but I am here in Florida now, so gotta take advantage of the empty space in my suitcase. Haven ordered the kit yet, but hopefully I'll get my Mustang sold so i can take advantage of the spring sale...