I wired up my heater and windshield wipers a couple of days ago. I tested the wiper motor and it was working fine. Hadn't gotten to the heater yet but I was working on some fog light wiring when I noticed smoke coming from my firewall near the heater. This is what I found.

The insulation around the heater valve control cable was melting against the firewall. I looked at the switch and found that the main power source "blue" wire came from the factory with no insulation. I'm irritated with myself for not noticing when I installed it. At any rate, it shorted against the control cable and caused a melt down.

I immediately shut off my MDS and wrapped the connection with electrical tape. It was too late, the cable is essentially welded to its metal sheath and won't actuate the heater valve. Also, when I turn the knob the fan does not come on. Hopefully this is because it threw this circuit breaker and did not fry the fan motor.

I don't know anything about this type of circuit breaker. Is there a way to trip it back and find out it my heater fan motor still works, or does it just need to be replace?

I thought about contacting FFR and having them send me a new knob, cable, assembly thing but I really didn't like it after I had installed it. It wasn't going to go nicely in the spot I was planning. I'm thinking about replacing it with this Heater control valve assembly from Summit. https://www.summitracing.com/parts/vta-50507-vua

Anybody have good experience with these?

Thanks,

Mark