Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Steering shaft

Post Thanks / Like

Steering shaft

Does anyone know of a place to get custom steering shafts made.

I have the ffv shaft and ffv power steering rack. I had the lower end shortened a inch so that it would fit with the bearings on the outside of the firewall because it didn’t want to fit on the inside because of the coyote pedal.

I recently installed a breeze automotive quick release steering wheel. When I put the top end inside the lower part with the spring washer it stopped sliding in a couple inches before it was in far enough. I figure that the washer got jammed. I could have swore that I put it in with the washer point away from the center.

Now I can’t get the top (inside) out of the tube. I tried pulling. And then tried using a slide hammer with some success but not enough. I am afraid of damaging the rack if I bang on it to hard. I am thinking that I will have to cut it off and start over.
    Mk4 ordered 1/3/18, IRS, Coyote, T56 Magnum

Post Thanks / Like
    Does anyone know the distance between the washers and if they are on the same side as each other ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Measure your tube and then check Summit and https://www.speedwaymotors.com/?gcli...kaAt6_EALw_wcB
    FFR MkII, 408W, Tremec TKO 500, 2015 IRS, DA QA1s, Forte front bar, APE hardtop.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks CraigS,
    I just called ffv and the asked if I was sure it wasn’t stuck at the bearing. Hmmm, I better check. Wa la, the bearing was stuck. Am I glad I called. I was moments away from taking the saws-all to it.