FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Flowmaster Slimline Mufflers 13530320 (30")

Post Thanks / Like

Flowmaster Slimline Mufflers 13530320 (30")

Apparently these mufflers are no longer available. I am interested in buying a set of these. They come in a 24" and a 30" version. I am looking for the 30" version. If anyone has a set that they did not install and don't intend to use, I am definitely interested in buying them.

Please PM me or if someone is aware of a vendor that might have availability on these, I would sure appreciate a contact.

Thanks in advance.

Trevor

Post Thanks / Like
    Try This Link:

OR This Link

Or This Link

Not sure if they still have them, but could be worth a shot..

Mk4 20th Anniversary #8690 (#8 of 20) Purchased 8/18/18----Build Started 8/19/18
    Build Thread Click Here / Registry Entry Click Here / BluePrint Engines 347ci / TKO600
    Carb/Heater/Heated Seats/Cruise Control/Drop Trunk & Battery/Custom Cubby

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BadAsp427 View Post
    Try This Link:

OR This Link

Or This Link

Not sure if they still have them, but could be worth a shot..
    I really appreciate you sending these links. Unfortunately, already contacted these three companies earlier this week. What I have discovered is that most of these companies are online fulfillment companies all drawing from the same inventory. There are a few companies out there that have their own stock. Strikeouts on these companies. I actually called Flowmaster and found out that they have been bought out by Holley about 3 months ago. Holley indicated that Flowmaster discontinued the SlimLine series before Holley bought the company. The guy I spoke to actually went through their dealer network that they supply to and looked for the 30" mufflers but none show in inventory anywhere. He also checked their own inventory for anything that might be left over on the shelf to no avail.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TMScrogins View Post
    I really appreciate you sending these links. Unfortunately, already contacted these three companies earlier this week. What I have discovered is that most of these companies are online fulfillment companies all drawing from the same inventory. There are a few companies out there that have their own stock. Strikeouts on these companies. I actually called Flowmaster and found out that they have been bought out by Holley about 3 months ago. Holley indicated that Flowmaster discontinued the SlimLine series before Holley bought the company. The guy I spoke to actually went through their dealer network that they supply to and looked for the 30" mufflers but none show in inventory anywhere. He also checked their own inventory for anything that might be left over on the shelf to no avail.
    Aren't the 30" are going to be too long or you will have to have very short turnouts, will look odd I believe. Mine are 24" and are just perfect replacements for the factory five POS
    Last edited by FFRSpec72; 05-14-2019 at 11:30 AM.
    Tony Nadalin
    2018 SOVREN Big Bore Champion
    2015 SCCA Oregon Region VP3 Champion
    2012 ICSCC ITE Class Champion
    FFR MkII Challenge Car, Spec Racer, Street Legal, SCCA, ICSCC and NASA Racing
    818R Build in progress

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FFRSpec72 View Post
    Aren't the 30" are going to be too long or you will have to have very short turnouts, will look odd I believe. Mine are 24" and are just perfect replacements for the factory five POS
    They aren't too long IMO. The turnouts would be shorter but that means more muffler to protect the leg from a snake-bite. The turnouts are still plenty hot compared to the Slimline muffler. Thus, I'd prefer the 30". A friend of mine has them on his and they look great to me.

Regardless, there are no 30" versions to be found anywhere so it doesn't matter. I had to settle for the 24" version which is pretty much what I have now with the Gas-N pipes. I'm sure I'll be very happy with them. Getting the 24" version was no easy task and I may have depleted the last of the inventory. As it was, I had to purchase from 2 different vendors after coming up empty on 10 other vendors including the manufacturer and having them do a national search within their distributor network for any remaining stock (none found).

Looks like this muffler product is a page in history now. Hopefully, they bring them back.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TMScrogins View Post
    They aren't too long IMO. The turnouts would be shorter but that means more muffler to protect the leg from a snake-bite. The turnouts are still plenty hot compared to the Slimline muffler. Thus, I'd prefer the 30". A friend of mine has them on his and they look great to me.

Regardless, there are no 30" versions to be found anywhere so it doesn't matter. I had to settle for the 24" version which is pretty much what I have now with the Gas-N pipes. I'm sure I'll be very happy with them. Getting the 24" version was no easy task and I may have depleted the last of the inventory. As it was, I had to purchase from 2 different vendors after coming up empty on 10 other vendors including the manufacturer and having them do a national search within their distributor network for any remaining stock (none found).

Looks like this muffler product is a page in history now. Hopefully, they bring them back.
    What will they do for "lifetime Warranty" ?
    Tony Nadalin
    2018 SOVREN Big Bore Champion
    2015 SCCA Oregon Region VP3 Champion
    2012 ICSCC ITE Class Champion
    FFR MkII Challenge Car, Spec Racer, Street Legal, SCCA, ICSCC and NASA Racing
    818R Build in progress

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FFRSpec72 View Post
    What will they do for "lifetime Warranty" ?
    Excellent question. I wondered this very thing.