Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  54
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Matt's '36 Hotrod Truck build

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't know if I already asked you....

What are you doing for a bed? I am going to build my own out of sheet metal.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RuffShod View Post
    I don't know if I already asked you....

What are you doing for a bed? I am going to build my own out of sheet metal.
    When I bought the truck it was missing the bed. Everywhere I looked, the bed was gonna cost more than the truck did. I started watching the local ads and found that the cheapest way to buy a bed is to find one that was made into a trailer back in the day. People almost give them away because the frames are usually homemade and junk. I found a 1930s GMC and a 1950s Chevy step side bed, paid $150 for one and the other was free if I hauled it away. Ill be taking the good parts from each to make the bed for this truck. The GMC has the old school look I want but has a metal floor that is all dented and rusty. The 50's bed has the wood floor rails and bits so I will modify that floor to use. The width is close enough to make it all work.

You can also buy reproduction parts online to build a new steel bed but they were spendy and I like using old junk where I can.
    Last edited by ztoolman44; 02-24-2022 at 10:42 AM.

3. Likes RuffShod, Pat Landymore liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    A Pillar 1.jpgA Pillar 2.jpgA Pillar 3.jpgA Pillar 4.jpgA Pillar 5.jpgA Pillar 6.jpgA Pillar 7.jpgA Pillar 8.jpg

Been busy lately but plugging away on the A-pillars here and there so I can get these door openings finalized before cutting the cab. 1 step forward, 2 steps back at this point but still progress.

5. Likes Pat Landymore, RuffShod liked this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123