FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Another EFI wiring question.

Post Thanks / Like

Another EFI wiring question.

Thanks to all for the prior help with my wiring questions but I have another. I have the Holley Sniper EFI, Blueprint 347 and the FFR Ron Francis wiring harness. The wiring that comes with the EFI has a pink wire that is to be connected to a+12V switched ignition source. In the Ron Francis wiring harness there is a light blue wire labeled "EFI CRANK". Is that "EFI CRANK" wire +12V switched ignition and can I connect the pink EFI wire to it? If not, where might be the most practical place to terminate that EFI pink wire? Thanks again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Randy,

The RF light blue EFI CRANK wire provides +12V ONLY when the key switch is in start, and so is not suitable for the Holley system. What you want is the RF orange EFI/COIL wire; that provides +12V when the key switch is in start and in run. Note that you'll have to find a +12V source for your coil. If you let the Holley system drive your fuel pump (as opposed to just triggering the RF relay), you can use the RF fuel pump circuit.

When you get to it, you'll find the Holley system provides a couple of wires for the fan; they provide a ground when activated. Connect Holley's Fan 1 wire to the RF green thermo switch wire, and then the Holley ECU will control your fan.

Finally, if you decide to let the Holley system control the engine timing, be sure to select that option in the Holley setup menu. I didn't at first, and it took a couple of extra days of thinking before I was able to complete first start.

If something's not clear, or if you run into additional problems, sing out. Lots of us have the Holley systems.

Cheers,

John
    MK IV Roadster #8631
    Ford 302, Holley Terminator EFI, T5z, 3.55 Rear End, IRS, 17” Halibrand Replicas (9” front, 10.5” rear), Nitto 555 G2’s (275/40ZR17 front, 315/35ZR17 rear), Fast Freddie’s Power Steering, F5 Wilwood Brakes, FFMetal’s Firewall Forward, Forte’s Hydraulic Clutch & Throttle Linkage
    https://www.ffcars.com/threads/phile.../#post-4776313

Post Thanks / Like
    John,

Thanks much for the information. I will not use the "EFI Crank"! I have already de-pinned the RF Fuel Pump wire from the harness and pinned in the EFI fuel pump wire. So the RF fuel pump wire is available. I assume I can use the RF fuel pump wire to go to the EFI pink wire? This would keep the orange coil wire at the coil.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep; you've got it.

John
    MK IV Roadster #8631
    Ford 302, Holley Terminator EFI, T5z, 3.55 Rear End, IRS, 17” Halibrand Replicas (9” front, 10.5” rear), Nitto 555 G2’s (275/40ZR17 front, 315/35ZR17 rear), Fast Freddie’s Power Steering, F5 Wilwood Brakes, FFMetal’s Firewall Forward, Forte’s Hydraulic Clutch & Throttle Linkage
    https://www.ffcars.com/threads/phile.../#post-4776313