BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4

Thread: Hot Rod Power Tour 2019

Post Thanks / Like

Hot Rod Power Tour 2019

As some of you may know, I'm taking the roadster on a 2200 mile journey in June. I'm participating in the 2019 Hot Rod Power Tour, 7 days and nights of cruising fun... I'm also taking along BluePrint Engines. I've partnered with them while I'm still in GelCoat to promote their awesome company and save some people some money. So, in the fun of the Power Tour event, I've put a few decals on the car and thought I would share some photos with you all. If you are looking for an engine for your Factory Five, take a long serious look at BluePrint.

How many of you are going to be joining me on the tour?

IMG_5582.JPG IMG_5578.jpg BluePrint 10% Off.jpg BluePrint 10% Off logo.jpg

Mk4 20th Anniversary #8690 (#8 of 20) Purchased 8/18/18----Build Started 8/19/18
    Build Thread Click Here / Registry Entry Click Here / BluePrint Engines 347ci / TKO600
    Carb/Heater/Heated Seats/Cruise Control/Drop Trunk & Battery/Custom Cubby

2. Likes FF33rod, WIS89 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Don't even have my kit yet but Power Tour is definitely part of the plan upon completion.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'll see you in Martinsville. My son and I did the Long Haul last year and had a blast. The evening impromptu cruise ins at all the local hotels are a great time to stop and talk with other participants. We found leaving earlier in the morning, ahead of the full stream of cars leaving to go to the next venue was less stressful than sitting in long lines at stops signs/lights in many of the towns you will travel through. We did it topless and only had a brief 20 minute period of rain when we were on the road. Expect to have a memorable time, you will meet a lot of interesting and great people and see all kinds of cool cars/trucks and even some contraptions. I will be sure to look for you when I get to Martinsville.
    Mk4 Complete kit #8469: Levy Racing Stage 5 with Inglese stack. TKO 600, 3 link rear suspension. FAST Sportsman with dyno-tune. APE hardtop. Father & Son project, delivered Nov 2014, completed June 2017.

Steve >> aka: GoDadGo
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    On A Scale of 1-to-10: ... 11

We did a couple of legs when it left from Louisiana a few years, not in a Factory-5, but it was fun none the less.
    Last edited by GoDadGo; 05-04-2019 at 04:17 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Power Tour 2019

Quote Originally Posted by ej95Cobra View Post
    I'll see you in Martinsville. My son and I did the Long Haul last year and had a blast. The evening impromptu cruise ins at all the local hotels are a great time to stop and talk with other participants. We found leaving earlier in the morning, ahead of the full stream of cars leaving to go to the next venue was less stressful than sitting in long lines at stops signs/lights in many of the towns you will travel through. We did it topless and only had a brief 20 minute period of rain when we were on the road. Expect to have a memorable time, you will meet a lot of interesting and great people and see all kinds of cool cars/trucks and even some contraptions. I will be sure to look for you when I get to Martinsville.
    Sounds Great... I'll have my 19yo son with me.

Quote Originally Posted by GoDadGo View Post
    On A Scale of 1-to-10: ... 11

We did a couple of legs when it left from Louisiana a few years, not in a Factory-5, but it was fun none the less.
    So perhaps next year you can join in the fun with your roadster...

Quote Originally Posted by ztoolman44 View Post
    Don't even have my kit yet but Power Tour is definitely part of the plan upon completion.
    Sounds great. How soon are you getting your kit? BluePrint may be the way to go and with 10% off, you could save a chunk of change on a complete engine/trans combo for your build.

If your on FaceBook, Check out my page...

Mk4 20th Anniversary #8690 (#8 of 20) Purchased 8/18/18----Build Started 8/19/18
    Build Thread Click Here / Registry Entry Click Here / BluePrint Engines 347ci / TKO600

7. Likes GoDadGo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Plan to do 2 or 3 legs.

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Kleiner View Post
    Plan to do 2 or 3 legs.

Jeff
    Looking forward to seeing you.

Post Thanks / Like
    I finally received the final decals. These two photos have not photo shopped decals on the car like the previous post did.
    IMG_5650.JPG IMG_5651.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    so where does this tour go to ??? seems lilke a few different tours

Post Thanks / Like
    Where will you be parking? Are you part of the vendor displays, VIP, Gold?
    Mk4 Complete kit #8469: Levy Racing Stage 5 with Inglese stack. TKO 600, 3 link rear suspension. FAST Sportsman with dyno-tune. APE hardtop. Father & Son project, delivered Nov 2014, completed June 2017.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ej95Cobra View Post
    Where will you be parking? Are you part of the vendor displays, VIP, Gold?
    I do not have any special rating. I'll be parking wherever I'm told/allowed to....

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Houdini View Post
    so where does this tour go to ??? seems lilke a few different tours
    Houdini, So sorry, I just now saw your reply. It starts in Charlotte NC, -> Martinsville VA -> Bristol TN -> Sparta KY -> Indanapolis -> Ft Wayne -> Norwalk, OH. Looks like I'll be putting about 22-2300 miles on the Mk4 in one week.

15. Likes Houdini liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Has the rain affected turn out? I cancelled a 3 hour drive down due to the storms and rain; I hope you are doing well and staying as dry as possible. Should clear up after Bristol. Your update on the trip would be interesting.

Post Thanks / Like
    I ran it last year in my 53 chevy with my 11 year old daughter. It’s one of my favorite memories with her. We did almost 2000 miles in at 65-year-old car in a week and I don’t think either of us will ever forget it. Enjoy your trip.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    33 Hot Rod #1133. LS/TKO600
    Delivered 6-17-19. Started work 7-3-19. First start 9-6-19. First drive 9-24-19
    Titled 2-28-20

MkI.IV 2643k