BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Help please - what connector for A/C compressor?

Post Thanks / Like

Help please - what connector for A/C compressor?

I bought a Classic Auto Air system from a non-supporting vendor and it came with what looks like a standard Sanden compressor. However, I have searched the forums, the web and gone to the Ford parts counter and have not been able to identify the mating connector. Can anybody out there point me to the right part?
    Thanks,
    Keith 20190308_150930.jpg20190308_150841.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Well that was....interesting. I went to the local speed shop for a few random fittings and asked them about this connector. They referred me to a hole-in-the-wall A/C shop that has been in business forever, but I had never used. The owner was really helpful. He pulled a compressor off the shelf and asked if the connector matched. He then searched his stock for the mating connector but came up dry. So he got on the computer and found a Motorcraft part number, and then pointed me to the NAPA store down the street. NAPA had the part in stock, under their own part number. Not cheap, but at least I finally have the right part and don't have to kludge something up.

In case anyone else needs this part: Motorcraft WPT-173 NAPA ECH EC415

Keith

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by progmgr1 View Post
    Well that was....interesting. I went to the local speed shop for a few random fittings and asked them about this connector. They referred me to a hole-in-the-wall A/C shop that has been in business forever, but I had never used. The owner was really helpful. He pulled a compressor off the shelf and asked if the connector matched. He then searched his stock for the mating connector but came up dry. So he got on the computer and found a Motorcraft part number, and then pointed me to the NAPA store down the street. NAPA had the part in stock, under their own part number. Not cheap, but at least I finally have the right part and don't have to kludge something up.

In case anyone else needs this part: Motorcraft WPT-173 NAPA ECH EC415

Keith
    Great information. I bought my a/c from Classic Auto Air also but the compressor (Sanden) came with the CVF Racing front drive set up. I haven't even thought of checking for the connector (I just stumble from one disaster to the next) but you can bet I'll look this evening.
    33 Hot Rod (Gen 1) Stage 1 delivered on 4/27/2017, Stage 2 delivered on 9/21/2018
    LS3 495hp/480 lb. ft., 4L70E, Electric PS, Classic Auto Air, Lokar electronic sport shifter, 13 inch Wilwood front and 11.68 Cobra rear brakes, Ford 8.8 w 3.73 w 4 link, Billet Specialty Legend Series MAG wheels and Mickey Thompson
    Sportsman S/R 26x8x18 front and 29x18x20 rear tires.

Post Thanks / Like
    Whew!!! I looked last night and mine has a standard bullet connector.IMG_0070.JPG
    33 Hot Rod (Gen 1) Stage 1 delivered on 4/27/2017, Stage 2 delivered on 9/21/2018
    LS3 495hp/480 lb. ft., 4L70E, Electric PS, Classic Auto Air, Lokar electronic sport shifter, 13 inch Wilwood front and 11.68 Cobra rear brakes, Ford 8.8 w 3.73 w 4 link, Billet Specialty Legend Series MAG wheels and Mickey Thompson
    Sportsman S/R 26x8x18 front and 29x18x20 rear tires.