Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Pedal position on Mustang donor set

Post Thanks / Like

Pedal position on Mustang donor set

Not something I need to deal with right now, but was just curious how the clutch pedal height could be adjusted to match up with the brake pedal. The way mine sits right now the pedal is way too high. Again, this is on a donor pedal set out of a Mustang.
    Rick

Mk4 with Mr. Bruce FIA body, 331 w/ Speedmaster Stack Injection, Full Width Roll Bar with high brake lights by i.e.427, IRS, ABS, PS, PB, FAST FI, First start 3/30/20, First go-kart 7/5/20, paint by Ken Pike

Post Thanks / Like
    Must be an 87-93 pedal box. SN95 are more even. You can adjust you clutch cable lower in it's throw and put a pedal stop in to NOT allow the pedal to come all the way up.
    Frank

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Frank. I'll take a look to see where I could mount a bolt, or ???, to create a pedal stop. If anyone else has done this, and could post a picture of your solution, with me, a picture is worth a thousand words.
    Rick

Mk4 with Mr. Bruce FIA body, 331 w/ Speedmaster Stack Injection, Full Width Roll Bar with high brake lights by i.e.427, IRS, ABS, PS, PB, FAST FI, First start 3/30/20, First go-kart 7/5/20, paint by Ken Pike

Post Thanks / Like
    I used one of these, and I know that it looks too simple to work, but it does. Clutch pedal is now lined up with the brake after installation.

https://www.maximummotorsports.com/C...2-93-P501.aspx
    MK2 #3319.... On the road since 2002 with a lot of upgrades

Post Thanks / Like
    I've used Mustang pedal boxes in 4 or 5 builds and just make a simple adjustable "up stop" for the pedal out of a piece of angle aluminum attached to the tube under the steering shaft with an long bolt and pair of jamb nuts. You can kind of see it here:

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    No help on fox pedal boxes - sorry.

I will have to say that the SN95 pedal box has kept me very happy - but I did cut / weld / heat / bend + experiment until I got everything exactly where I wanted it (and it did take years).

I imagine that all the same things are possible with the fox pedal box.

Good luck,

Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    Derald, I'll make a note of that piece in case I need it.

Jeff, as I said on the other forum, thanks for that picture.

Mike, Thanks. I'm going to need it, as usual.
    Rick