Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: FiTech Question

Post Thanks / Like

FiTech Question

Before I go off the chart here I thought I had better ask to make sure I’m not missing something as I still work through the last bits of wiring.
    I am using a FiTech 600. The red power cable in the diagram states it should be connected straight to the battery positive post. Would there be an issue connecting in to the input side of the master disconnect so that it always receives power. In my mind it seems the same but maybe I’m not understanding something.
    Thanks!
    Coupe Kit Delivered 11/10/23

Roadster Build thread: 2019-2022 https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...4-Build-Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    The FItech does not need constant power. When you turn the key off it autosaves the tune file. You just need to allow a few seconds for this to happen before disconnecting power. All EFI mfgs recommend wiring directly to the battery. This is to assure a quality connection with no voltage drop to the ECU, especially when cranking. Most cars don’t have a master cutoff switch like ours do, so there is not a good connecting point other than the battery. As long as you have a properly sized cable and good connection to the cutoff switch it should be fine to connect it there. I’ve done quite a few that way. The ground is just as important. Either connect it to the battery or directly to the ground cable termination.

Bob
    Mk IV Roadster, 347/516 HP, 8 stack injection, Holley HP ECU, Astro Performance T5, 3-Link 4.10 gears, A/C, PS, PB Purchased 08/2015, Graduated 02/2017

3. Thanks MSumners thanked for this post