Post Thanks / Like
    I got mine from Summit...
    - Peterh226 #1134
    '33 Hot Rod 2nd Gen. Blueprint 383 Sniper TKO Delivered 4/14/2019
    Full Fenders, Top, 3-Link, Wilwoods
    YOKOHAMA ADVAN NEOVA AD08 R | Fr 245/45 R17 | Rr 295/30 R18
    AR605 Torq-Thrust M Chrome | Fr 17x8 | Rr 18x10

Post Thanks / Like
    Just an FYI, EFI systems pro is an excellent resource for Sniper and other Holley EFI systems and accessories. Some excellent articles and videos.
    Unfortunately they are sold out of the throttle extension at this point
    https://www.efisystempro.com/sniper

Steve
    Gen 1 '33 Hot Rod #1104
    347 with Holley Sniper & Hyperspark, TKO600, IRS, 245/40R18 & 315/30R18, DRL, Digital Guard Dog keyless Ignition

Post Thanks / Like

Seat Belts

Here's one of those things that I should have made a decision on earlier in my build. I 'kinda' knew that I didn't want to go with the racing belts but back shelved the decision until now. This is a fairly easy install but it would have been easier if I'd planned it before installing the body and before painting the waterfall. Just thought I'd archive that bit of info for others.

IMG_1424[1].jpg
    IMG_1425[1].jpg
    IMG_1426[1].jpg
    IMG_1427[1].jpg
    33 HotRod #1142
    Started 5-9-19
    Kingwood, Texas

4. Likes FF33rod liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cool Jason, thanks for the pics. What's in behind the waterfall - the seat belt retractor portion....

Thx
    Steve
    Gen 1 '33 Hot Rod #1104
    347 with Holley Sniper & Hyperspark, TKO600, IRS, 245/40R18 & 315/30R18, DRL, Digital Guard Dog keyless Ignition

Post Thanks / Like

Seat Belts

It's a little hard to see but I have the retractor bolted through the frame just below the gas tank.

IMG_1431[1].jpg
    IMG_1432[1].jpg
    33 HotRod #1142
    Started 5-9-19
    Kingwood, Texas

7. Thanks FF33rod thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ahh, got it thanks! That second shot really clarified. I may get rid of the 5 point and go that route. The 5 point is cumbersome, chunks of metal on it are wacking the paint on the console, doors,....

Steve
    Gen 1 '33 Hot Rod #1104

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF33rod View Post
    Ahh, got it thanks! That second shot really clarified. I may get rid of the 5 point and go that route. The 5 point is cumbersome, chunks of metal on it are wacking the paint on the console, doors,....

Steve
    Yup, I installed a lap belt about 3 rides in after I completed the 33 last year. Since I don't have a hard top, the 5 point harness was really uncomfortable in hot / humid days as well as the chunks of metal on it hitting the paint all the time. I left the shoulder belts installed (tucked behind the seats) should I ever choose to go back to the 5 point if I would ever track it (doubtful).

Just the lap belt is not the safest I know, but I'm used to the lap belt on all my other classics (mustangs, challenger, austin healey). If I ever do major interior work on the 33 I will convert to 3 point.

Jim
    33 Hot Rod w/ 302 & Tremec T5; paint color is 68 Ford Mustang GT LimeGold
    https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...s-Build-Thread

Post Thanks / Like

That's A Wrap!

I've finally made it through registration and I'm on the road! Temp tags for now but I should have the official title/reg back within the next few weeks.

Wow it's been a long time since I've updated, so long that I've probably forgotten some of the things that I've done to the car over the last year. A couple of things that I want to add to the thread though for those that are starting the process and might benefit from the info.

1. Power Steering - Solid yes for me. I drove the car down the road once (several months ago) and immediately knew that I wouldn't be happy without the PS install. I ended up using a Flaming River kit because at the time FF was out of stock. Installation was easy and very worth the effort.

2. My car weighed in at 2520lbs with a 52% Front/ 48% Rear distribution.

1.jpg
    2.jpg
    3.jpg
    33 HotRod #1142
    Started 5-9-19
    Kingwood, Texas

11. Likes TxMike64, Jeff33Ford, FF33rod liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael101 View Post
    I've finally made it through registration and I'm on the road! Temp tags for now but I should have the official title/reg back within the next few weeks.

Wow it's been a long time since I've updated, so long that I've probably forgotten some of the things that I've done to the car over the last year. A couple of things that I want to add to the thread though for those that are starting the process and might benefit from the info.

1. Power Steering - Solid yes for me. I drove the car down the road once (several months ago) and immediately knew that I wouldn't be happy without the PS install. I ended up using a Flaming River kit because at the time FF was out of stock. Installation was easy and very worth the effort.

2. My car weighed in at 2520lbs with a 52% Front/ 48% Rear distribution.

1.jpg
    2.jpg
    3.jpg
    Nice looking Hot Rod.

Jim
    33 Hot Rod w/ 302 & Tremec T5; paint color is 68 Ford Mustang GT LimeGold
    https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...s-Build-Thread

13. Likes Mastertech5 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jason, amazing looking HR. You did an incredible job and I've really enjoyed reading your posts. Love the color scheme. In the process of building my own. You mentioned you were thinking about going with 18x9/5.5 BS up front and 18x10/5.5 BS rear wheels to fit under your bike fenders, but it looks like you may have gone with slightly different sizes. Can I ask what they are and have you had any issues while driving?
    Last edited by cvacca; 11-14-2023 at 10:30 PM.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456