FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Suggestions on speaker mounting in dash

Post Thanks / Like

Suggestions on speaker mounting in dash

I'm getting down to final decisions on a few key itesm before wrapping up my interior install on GTM #457. Found a good set of speakers for the door panels and a smaller matching set of 4" speakers that I planned on mounting in either side of the dash. Once I looked at the dash I realized there really isn't a good way to have symmetry with the mounting locations because the 2 sides are shaped so differently. If I mount the driver's side speaker centered in the dash cluster, and mount it in the same location on the passenger side its obviously off center on that dash pod. Mount it in the center of the passenger pod and the same location on the driver's side puts it left of the gauge face and on a uneven surface. I haven't seen any good pics of speakers mounted in GTM dash interiors. It's been clear from several threads that this car is so loud that any attempt to get top quality sound is probably a fool's errand anyway. Question is whether it matters to add dash speakers or better to mount 2 more behind the seats for some extra watts? If anyone has mounted in the dash please post some pics. I'm not an audiophile by any stretch, but having put so much into this supercar it sort of begs for a decent sound system. Thanks for any advice/suggestions.

Post Thanks / Like
    I’m working on an under dash panel and thinking about adding speakers on the sides. Maybe that would be good for you.

3EF07B08-E4CD-4050-8500-3762290813CC.jpeg
    Factory Five Racing Roadster MKIV -- #9196 -- 347ci, 475 HP, 5 Speed, Plymouth Prowler Orange Metallic