BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: steering rack too short

Post Thanks / Like

steering rack too short

I have a 2004 mk3 with spindles from a 2000 mustang GT and a flaming river rack for a fox body mustang and the rack seems to be about 2 to 3 " short. this is an old ed kit that is just now being put together. i have heard of but have not seen Rack extenions. Any idea for a solution?

Post Thanks / Like
    Are you sure you have the right tie rod ends? I have done plenty of cars with that combination and never needed extensions.
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    I think I remember that the rack I bought with the kit (mk4) from FFR had rack extensions on it.

So a rack that was sourced differently might not have gotten that treatment.

Post Thanks / Like
    After seeing your ad for selling the pin drive lower arms the answer seems clear. I have a pin drive car and 4 standard width cars in the shop at the moment and just id some measuring---standard width tie rod ends are all approximately 5 1/2" from center of the ball to the end but the shorter pin drive width ends are 4". If you're assembling with the pin drive tie rod ends you'll need to replace them with the regular ones.

Jeff