Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Extra Clearance Hood & Prop Rod Location

Post Thanks / Like

Extra Clearance Hood & Prop Rod Location

Reaching out to those of you that opted for the Extra Clearance Hood...Any suggestions on where to mount the prop rod? The manual shows the supports that run down the middle of the hood , however these have been eliminated on the ECH. Would like some feedback regarding this as well as pics if available.

Thanks ahead of time!
    33' Hot Rod Coupe/Roadster (GEN 1), Fendered, Ford 302, 350hp, EFI, AOD, 4-Link, Double Adjustable Koni Coilovers, Split Rear Exhaust, Electric Power Steering, AC/Heat/Defrost, Moser 8.8"-3.55, Willwood Front/Rear Brakes, 18" x 8" Fronts/20" x 10" Rears, Ordered: 1.26.17, Arrived: 3.29.17, First Start: 7.2.18, Go Cart: 11.4.18 Paint/Body: 2.23.19, Back Home: 11.24.19, Completed: NEVER!; View More Pics @ https://starmobileone.com/

Post Thanks / Like
    I had the same issue, the hood is different so you can't install it in the same way as the standard hood. I spoke with Tony and he suggested to mount it on the firewall like they done on the FFR Flame 33 Hot Rod. I have a pic in my build thread which shows it, #231 is the thread.
    https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...3-Hot-Rod-1028
    once the car is painted and the body is back on I will be installing it in the same manner however I will be painting it the same Burnt Copper as the firewall so it blends in a bit better.
    Black & Copper #1028 ("The Mistress" according to my wife! )
    Brought home: Nov. 2017, GoKart: May 2018, will be Plated & on the Road April 2020
    Andreas

3. Thanks JOP33 thanked for this post