Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 33 windshield wiper system

Post Thanks / Like

33 windshield wiper system

I need help . Any one having parts info. & how to put wipers on a hard top on 33 HotRod. Rain x wont get the job done. Thanks Bill Webb [email protected]

"The High Country", beautiful Flagstaff, AZ
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you need a single wiper to pass inspection look at Speedway Motors, they have a selection of cheap (OK, politically correct: low cost) single wipers that will get the job done. I used one of theirs and the inspector never even looked at it. Needless to say, it was promptly removed once I got home. If you're worried about getting caught in the rain treat your windshield with Rain X and the faster you drive the better it works.

If you plan to drive in the rain (crazy idea IMO) then perhaps others have better choices. I really don't know how you plan to make that car weather proof. There are so many places that are not sealed.
    Dart Little M 406" SBC 800 HP N/A & 1,100 HP on nitrous, 2-spd Powerglide with trans brake, 6,000 RPM stall converter, narrowed Moser 88 3.90:1 spool with 35-spline gun-drilled axles & Torino bearings, custom parallel four-link, custom tube chassis & roll cage NHRA certified for 8.5-sec (only two FFR Hot Rods have this cert).

33 Hot Rod Super Pro Drag Racer Build: 33 HR NHRA Cert Roll Cage Build

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by webb1932 View Post
    I need help . Any one having parts info. & how to put wipers on a hard top on 33 HotRod. Rain x wont get the job done. Thanks Bill Webb [email protected]
    I used a wiper motor from a local marine supplier (https://www.thechandleryonline.com/p...oducts_id=2223), similar to the Speedway one, simply located and mounted them (yes I need two to pass inspection) so they would cover roughly 80% of the windshield. Here are a few pictures.
    20181215_093152.jpg 20181201_225434.jpg 20181202_132608.jpg
    With tape I marked where the driver would sit then I found it easier once I had one unit in hand then I papered the window and used the wiper arm to mark the coverage. You may need to modify the wiper itself however since the unit is made of stainless you don't need to concern yourself about corrosion.
    Hope this helps, if you need or want more info don't hesitate to ask.
    Black & Copper #1028 ("The Mistress" according to my wife! )
    Brought home: Nov. 2017, GoKart: May 2018, will be Plated & on the Road April 2020
    Andreas

Post Thanks / Like
    Gen 1 '33 Hot Rod #1104
    347 with Holley Sniper & Hyperspark, TKO600, IRS, 245/40R18 & 315/30R18, DRL, Digital Guard Dog keyless Ignition

Post Thanks / Like
    I bought one that looks just like this one, it's cheap (OK inexpensive).
    I don't remember where I bought it from, it was the same price.
    Mine has a 110° sweep and will return to home when the motor is shut off.
    I only need one wiper to pass inspection and don't intend to be driving in the rain.
    With an annual rainfall of only 12" there's a good chance it won't happen.
    https://www.speedwaymotors.com/Speed...CABEgKOafD_BwE
    Last edited by JimLev; 05-13-2019 at 05:49 PM. Reason: Added correction
    '33 Hotrod, #1047 Gen 1, delivered on 2/27/18, go cart on 9/24/18.
    LS3 w/Gearstar Level 3 4L65e Tranny, Yank converter, Lokar shifter, Electric PS, Vintage AC/Heat/Def, 8.8" 3.55
    TorqThrust II Wheels w/Toyo Proxy T1 Sport Tires, F 235/45ZR17 R 295/35ZR18
    Garage Built, Driveway Painted.