Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Rear sway bar adjustment holes?

Post Thanks / Like

Rear sway bar adjustment holes?

The FFR supplied rear sway bar has (4) holes on each end of the bar. The build instructions show the rod ends in hole #2. Are the other holes for adjustment or for other vehicle applications? I was wondering if anyone has trimmed the ends of the sway bar to increase ground clearance?

Thanks!

Capture.JPG
    MK IV Roadster-Delivered Nov '18
    Complete Kit, Gen2 Coyote, TKO 600, 2015 IRS, FFR brakes, FFR power steering, Full length headers

Post Thanks / Like
    With the wheels on the ground and the suspension in its normal operating range, the sway bar is pretty close to parallel to the ground so I don't really see any benefit to trimming the ends off from a ground clearance standpoint.

MkIV Roadster build: Gen 2 Coyote, IRS, TKO600. Ordered 10/24/18. Delivered 1/29/19. Engine installed 8/8/21. First start 9/12/21. First go-kart 9/17/21. Off to paint 4/11/22. Back from paint 12/30/22. Build thread here.

Post Thanks / Like
    John,
    Since our chassis is still on the dolly it appeared that the sway bar might hang down. Based on your picture it should be no problem once the suspension is loaded. Thanks for your help!
    MK IV Roadster-Delivered Nov '18
    Complete Kit, Gen2 Coyote, TKO 600, 2015 IRS, FFR brakes, FFR power steering, Full length headers

Post Thanks / Like
    Absolutely. Both the front and rear swaybar setup angles look really odd when the suspension is at full droop. I had my doubts that I had even assembled them correctly until I jacked up the suspension to visualize what they look like when in normal use.
    MkIV Roadster build: Gen 2 Coyote, IRS, TKO600. Ordered 10/24/18. Delivered 1/29/19. Engine installed 8/8/21. First start 9/12/21. First go-kart 9/17/21. Off to paint 4/11/22. Back from paint 12/30/22. Build thread here.