Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Lines to m/c with Whitby system?

Post Thanks / Like

Lines to m/c with Whitby system?

I've managed to move a ton of wire for access to the pedal box. Removed it and replaced the pedal with the Whitby pedal in the original Wildwood box. Believe me if you are considering EVER adding power brakes to your '33, do it before you hang the body or run the wiring harness. I cut out that first section of brake line from the original dual m/c to the first union on both front and rear runs. I've painted the booster and m/c and when cured will finish up the install. I am looking for advice on how to run the lines up to the m/c. I've seen some installs that have big loops in the lines. Others are more direct. You guys who have done these, how should they be done for best clearance from the motor and such? Pictures would be terrific. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    After plumbing my lines to the Whitby m/c I connected them. Both fittings seem to bottom out in the threads. I remember that some brake lines have longer fittings. Without pressuring the system, am I looking at a problem making them seal? If I have to cut the old fittings off and re-flare new longer fittings, I am screwed. Here's a picture. 1569193126238236220619.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images