BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: EGR Delete

Post Thanks / Like

EGR Delete

Are there any downside issues to deleting the EGR valve on my 1991 5.0L engine if I install a block off plate and eliminator plug sold for that purpose?
    Phil: FFR 3121, Frame #2050, Mk 1.5, built 2002, 1991 donor with Blueprint 302 long block and 1993 Cobra intake, BBK 70mm T/B, no smog, power steering, T-5 and 3.55 rear.

Post Thanks / Like
    Emissions is the only downfall. It will run the same and make the same power with or with out it. The one good benefit is the intake will be cleaner especially if the valve covers are atmospheric vented and there is one less part to fail. But once again it’s a emissions thing. Depending on your state deleting the PCV and EGR might not be legal.
    Mk4, Moser M88 rear end, Eaton truetrak, Craft Racing 461 Windsor, MMR pro trans, Glenn’s 1,000 hp cobra fuel system and lots of other parts.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks. I am smog exempt in Texas so no emissions issue. What should I do about EGR solenoid? Replace with resistor sized to resistance of solenoid? Thanks.
    Phil: FFR 3121, Frame #2050, Mk 1.5, built 2002, 1991 donor with Blueprint 302 long block and 1993 Cobra intake, BBK 70mm T/B, no smog, power steering, T-5 and 3.55 rear.

Post Thanks / Like
    When I removed the EGR on my F250, the delete kit provided all the covers, etc., but I had to use a programmer to disable the Check Engine Light and suppress the code. I'm also emissions exempt, but kept all the parts in case I ever sell the truck to someone that isn't.
    My Build Thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...ter-Build-9754
    (Most viewed Roadster build thread on this forum!)

Delivered: 6/17/2017
    First Start: 12/30/2017
    Completed: 12/7/2019
    Legal: 1/30/2020

Member of the Mile-Hi Cobra Club
    Dave's Cobra YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbk...npK1UZHj4R-bYQ
    Agora 1:8 Scale Cobra Build: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...l-Build-Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ptstew View Post
    Thanks. I am smog exempt in Texas so no emissions issue. What should I do about EGR solenoid? Replace with resistor sized to resistance of solenoid? Thanks.
    Here is what you need if you want to create your own resistor setup.

Either by this method or by using one of the plug in eliminators you need to spoof the computer otherwise it will think that there is an EGR failure and will add fuel and pull out timing.

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    Good thought on keeping everything and I don’t have CEL. I can check codes manually, though. I have the eliminator plug for the EGR valve position sensor. What about eliminating the EGR solenoid? Thanks.