Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  2

Thread: Greetings from North Carolina

Post Thanks / Like

Greetings from North Carolina

Hi all! My name is Chris, as can be seen in my profile I joined the forum over a year ago, and have been planning my build since. Last night I finally pulled the trigger on a MKIV Roadster. This place is a treasure trove of information and experience. I appreciate everyone's input, especially those willing to share mistakes! One thing I noticed is the willingness to help, teach and direct without ridicule or tearing the OP'er down.

I am super excited to finally start this adventure with my son for his senior year of High School (his goal is to open a custom car shop someday). My completion date is set for the 25th of July and Stewart Transportation has already taken the reins of delivery logistics. Now its time to get my garage organized and the floor painted. Anyway, if anyone if in the Raleigh area or is part of a club or organization in that vicinity, give me a shout.

2. Thanks Old Salt thanked for this post
    Likes RBachman liked this post

Steve >> aka: GoDadGo
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Welcome Aboard & Welcome To The Factory Five Family!

If you haven't gotten the manual yet, order it and read it a few times because it will help you when you do your inventory.
    Also, when you do your inventory, copy the inventory sheet and place a copy on each box.
    This simple task makes hunting for part way, way easier.

Again, Welcome Aboard!

4. Thanks FatherOfFive thanked for this post
    Likes RBachman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the tips, I will definitely use the inventory/box checklist idea. I’m already reading through the manual for the 1st time; with many more to come I’m sure. I’d like to have as much studying done as I can before delivery. Thanks again!

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm in Southport, NC and have PMed you with the link to NC Cobra club which is active in your area. Actually, closer to Mooresville, NC area.

George

7. Thanks FatherOfFive thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Chris! Welcome to the Party! Best of luck with your build! If you are ever in the Columbus, Ohio area, we have a custom car shop we've built from the ground up - you and your son are always welcome to come check out. Tim and Chris would love to talk to him about the ins and outs of owning a custom shop. We are always around during the London Cobra Show too. These builds are a wild ride - enjoy!

Elizabeth
    www.FormaCars.com

9. Thanks FatherOfFive thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    in knightdale right outside raleigh

Post Thanks / Like

Greetings from North Carolina

Hello Chris, My name is Randy. I live in Wilmington, NC, and placed my MKIV order on Friday (3 days ago). My completion date is August 1st. I'm so new here to the FFR Fourm this is my first post. I'm excited to get started and becoming a part of the FFR family!
    Last edited by Old Salt; 05-25-2020 at 06:03 PM. Reason: Left something out

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello George, Hello Chris, My name is Randy. I live in Wilmington, NC, and placed my MKIV order on Friday (3 days ago). My completion date is August 1st. I'm so new here to the FFR Forum this is my first post. I'm excited to get started and becoming a part of the FFR family! I'm looking for information on the NC requirements for equipment on the vehicle, like wipers, catalytic converters, yearly safety/emissions inspections, and do they register the car as a 1965, date it was built, or year model of the engine?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Salt View Post
    Hello George, Hello Chris, My name is Randy. I live in Wilmington, NC, and placed my MKIV order on Friday (3 days ago). My completion date is August 1st. I'm so new here to the FFR Forum this is my first post. I'm excited to get started and becoming a part of the FFR family! I'm looking for information on the NC requirements for equipment on the vehicle, like wipers, catalytic converters, yearly safety/emissions inspections, and do they register the car as a 1965, date it was built, or year model of the engine?
    From what I have gathered the car is registered in NC as the year and car it is intended to be a "replica" of: 1965 Cobra.
    I believe wipers are required, but emissions are not, so therefore not Cats are needed (if you aren't running an EFI system).
    I plan on running a carb, so no issue there.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Salt View Post
    Randy,
    I'm just finishing up my build now after 10 years. Connect with me and I'll tell you what to avoid so it wouldn't take you as long as it took me. I'm hoping for a first start in another week or so. Just finished the dash and will mount it tomorrow.

I am not familiar with NC registration for the roadster as I already had it registered in Vermont before I moved here last year. My Vermont plate says: 1st-Mk4, as I was the first to take delivery of his Mk4 in 2010 when I picked it up.

I'll PM you with my contact information.

George

15. Thanks Old Salt thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, Chris. looks like I'm going to need to dig a bit more because mine is an EFI Coyote crate engine. I think I'll go ahead and call the DMV inspector tomorrow. Good luck with your build. I got everything worked out with Stewart Transportation. I guess the clock will really slow down as I wait for delivery.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey George, let me know how that first start goes. We moved to Wilmington a year and a half ago from St. James. Please do send me your information in a PM. Thanks again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the FFR family.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome Chris!

I'm in Murrells Inlet, just below Myrtle Beach. If you're in the area or do any of the beach car shows here, I'll be there.
    FFR MKIV ordered 12 July 2019. IRS, Wilwood Brakes, 18" Wheels w/MT tires, power steering, EFI, Heat. 347 Dart w/TKO-600 by Mike Forte, Holley FI, MSD coil and CD box. All new, no donor build.